Chapter 9 (Updated)

Start from the beginning

Ron also mentioned that Cormac had a 'thing for me'. Yet I am not new to such accusation since he wasn't the only one who noticed. Ginny had noticed Cormac's bold attempts to court me, but I didn't show any interest at all. He had an eerie look in his eyes when I catch him staring and I am not waiting around to find out.

During that conversation about Cormac, Harry had asked about a spell he read on that old rundown Potions Book he got from Slughorn's cupboard. We were all curious about the book's original owner and asked if we could look inside to find any name. Harry immediately jumped from his seat to keep the book away from us, claiming that the binding was fragile. It was a good thing Ginny was fast and snatched the book from Harry's hold.

The Half-blood Prince. That was the name of the book's original owner. As long as I have a name I could search for any information about him. 

I lost hope finding any information about the Half-blood Prince when nothing appeared on the books. I told Harry and Ron about my discovery or lack thereof. Their reaction was same as mine, disappointed and hopeless.

It was an early afternoon when we decided to go to Hogsmeade. Despite the cold weather being cooked up inside the castle was far from entertaining. As we headed to the small town Harry noticed Professor Slughorn speaking with Professor Flitwick. We stopped momentarily to catch their conversation. After knowing where Professor Slughorn was headed Harry decided we follow him to the Three Broomsticks. After settling in on our table and putting on our order I noticed Harry looking from afar, I followed his gaze and it landed on a troubled-looking Malfoy. He stared at Harry and quickly retreated to the loo. For the past few weeks I noticed how quiet he has been, I see him always in deep thought neglecting the world around him. It was unusual even for a shady person like Malfoy.

When the winter breeze began to penetrate our coats we decided it was time to head back to the castle and enjoy the warmth of the Common room's fire. We stopped midway seeing Katie Bell and friend. Katie was lying on the snow-covered path and her friend desperately trying to wake her. Not one of us decided to go closer when her friend mentioned the package sitting next to Katie's unconscious body. All of the sudden, Katie's body flung sideways and levitated as if she was being possessed, but the thought didn't leave my mind. After a few minutes of floating she fell on the ground completely unconscious. Harry approached Katie and the package, but Hagrid quickly instructed Harry to only touch the wrappings.

After Hagrid carried Katie back to the Castle it wasn't long before we were called to Professor McGonagall's classroom. With that said it was obvious that suspicion was directed at us, but Harry turned it to the worst and began to blame Malfoy for Katie's curse in front of Snape. I will not dive into details, but it ended with the three of us on Snape's hit list.

I just hope Harry's infatuation with Malfoy's activities ends before it brings him deeper into a bottomless hole.

Alicia closed the journal and headed to her empty dorm room. Not that she minded the solitude, but the sound of her bickering friends always amused her.

As she was about to change into a pair of comfortable pants she saw the letter Ginny had sent her earlier that day. Ginny had insisted for Alicia to come home for the Holidays, but the teen was stubborn to stay and experience a Hogwarts Christmas. It wasn't her first to stay in school for the holidays, in fact, she had stayed in Durmstrang for the holidays when she caught the flu and was too weak to travel.

It was after an hour after she had written back to Ginny that she decided to take a walk.

She was walking around the lake when her mind drifted to her mother. It has been awhile since she last visited her. Due to the transfer arrangements, she had barely time to travel to Godric's Hollow. She was reminded that her Potion's Master would be joining her for a visit to her mother in the coming days. She smiled and gripped the necklace that Ginny gave to her before the term started, a single tear escaped her grey eyes as remembering her mother's face from the pensive and photos her godparents showed her.

"Mom." She whispered softly as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

"Dad." She said under her breath and another batch streamed down her face.

She knew that her father left even before knowing that Hermione was pregnant. But why didn't Hermione say anything about it or even mention it? Maybe she did, maybe she wasn't even wanted by her father, maybe she was an accident.

She sat on the dock and stared into the distance, even though she felt that way she still felt the love from her friends and family. And sometimes she thought that maybe her Father never really knew that her mom was pregnant but still loved her anyway. Being separated from her father was painful, yes, but there must be a reason. There has to be. She was sure her mother had fallen for a decent man who had a clear mind and a gentle heart. Maybe there was really a reason for why he left them. She wanted to know everything, she needed an explanation and she was determined to find her father. Whatever it takes.