True love is worth waiting for

**I do not Own InuYasha Or any other affiliated characters**

~*True Love is Worth waiting for*~

A Sesshomaru and Rin tale

~*Prologue*~

"Sesshomaru-Sama!" Rin squealed in delight as she watched his pale form walk across the meadow. Her small feet were bare and she was fast running out to greet him her hair flying free behind her, the old priestess followed behind though much slower.

The smile she greeted him with touched that small place in his soul that only she had ever reached. She was fourteen and still small but growing up. Sesshomaru repressed the erg to smile at her approach, forcing his emotion under control his face sill as a pond.

Rin stopped just before she collided with him. He could see clearly how much she wanted to hug him. But she had always respected the personal boundaries that he held around him like a wall.

"Sesshomaru-Sama it has been so long, I am so happy to see you!" she beamed up at him and waited for his reply.

He looked down at her, still shorter than him but not nearly as small as she once was. "I have been busy" he replied

"I know you are very busy, I'm just so happy when you come to see me" her eyes looked at him so sweetly and innocently that it almost hurt to be in her presence.

Rin did not wait for him to speak again she simply launched into a long dictation of her life in the last year. What she had learned and how she spent her days.

The old Miko stood not far off watching but not coming closer. He could feel her eyes on him. She was wary.

As she should be His mind supplied. I am to be feared....

And yet hear this child stood before him unafraid and unconcerned everything about her screamed trust and that suddenly bothered him.

Why?

She did not seem to notice his face or his eyes but continuing her tale, filling the gaps in the one way conversation. His eyes became hard and cold as a dread crept over him wrapping around his chest like a vice.

Why do you trust me...Why do your eyes look into mine without concern... Why do you rush to meet me when all others cower from my presence?

She was the first, the only. The many vassals and servants that he had for countless years feared him even while they respected him doing his bidding. Even the small toad that had followed him all these centuries still cringed at his look and cowered from his glare.

He looked into her eyes again sure he would see some reserve, some part of her that feared even a little that he would turn on her like the demon he was.

His heart skipped a beat there was... Nothing

Her large deep brown eyes looked up at him, the smile on her face beaming as bright as the sun lighting her innocence. The trust was there but so was...something else. The light of her eyes burned into his mind.

NO...

He was suddenly very angry at himself. When had this happened? When had her childish trust in him become so deep that it was...?

He refused to finish that. He stopped suddenly turning away from her. Away from the sad confusion he knew was on her face.

"Sesshomaru-Sama what is it?" she asked her voice was almost mature now. This was wrong for so many reasons. She deserved to have the kind of life all humans had, children and a... husband.

The term was hard to swallow even in his mind.

"I need to leave."

"B...But you just arrived" she said a look of hurt on her face.

"Something has come to my attention" he said looking at her for what he decided would be the last time. Handing her the box that held the gift he always brought her, He turned from her stepping away.

"Sesshomaru-Sama how...how long will you be gone this time?" Her voice caught and he could smell the tears that were threatening to overflow down her lovely face.

He did not answer her simply rose into the air to get away from her.

"Please, don't leave me..." He heard the words and cursed his excellent hearing.

***After re-reading my work I decided that it was in desperate need of some more attention. It will be in essence the same tale but with added dialogue and some extra scenes. Stay tuned for the revision!***

True Love Is Worth Waiting ForOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara