I heard foot steps coming from behind me. I picked Ciel up with his legs around the side of my waist and turned around to see Vincent with his usual soft smile. He held out his arms for him to take his son. Carefully I handed him over hearing him sniffle as he nuzzled his head into his fathers neck. Such a childish boy. I held both my hands together and lowered my head. "I am deeply sorry for this. Please forgive me, my lord." I said after backing up a step and bowing. I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and quickly looked up seeing Rachel with her beautiful blue eyes staring down at me as she smiled. Vincent then came close to me nearing my ear. He whispered his last order for the night, making sure Ciel didnt hear. I smiled and nodded my head. "Yes, my lord."

The master, mistress and Ciel are sleeping at the moment, or so I thought. I was walking down the hallway and saw the head butler, Tanaka, exit Ciel's room. It was very late, I wonder why he was there. "Oh, good evening, Marrie." he greeted as he noticed me coming his direction. He closed the door quietly so no noise would wake the master, and turned to me holding a candle holder with three candles placed and lit on it.

"Is something wrong with Ciel?" I asked him sounding concerned. The old man closed his eyes and nodded his head. "He believes that the train that was broken was still his fault." he stated looked up at me. I chuckled and walked up towards the door. "I'll take care of him, you may go to bed. good night Tanaka." he nodded his head and made his way down the hall. As I heard his footsteps echoing and watched his figure dissapear, I turned the handle to open the door and carefully peeked through. Ciel was sitting on his bed having his legs dangle from the side. He looked quite upset. I walked in letting him see I had entered. He looked up at me, but then back down to his hands that are placed in his lap.

"Is it the train?" I asked walking up to him. There was pure silence filling the room that I could almost here the flames of the candle on his bed side table as they flared. I reached out to him and put my hand to his cheek so he would look up at me. He did and I smiled slightly in response. I slid my free hand under my apron that is part of my maids uniform, and brought out the train. His eyes widened in confusion and shock, which all together turned to happiness as he jumped out of bed and hugged my legs like he did before. I chuckled and set it on the near by table. He released and looked at it, inspecting it closely.

"H-How?" he said flabbergastedly. "It looks as good as new! Not a scratch to be seen!" he added looking back up to me. I laughed and kneeled down to his level. "If I couldn't fix something as simple as this, what kind of a maid would I be?" I stated with a smirk. It was his fathers order after all.. He swiftly wrapped his arms around my neck and I returned to the embrace. "Thank you, Marrie..." he yawned. I picked him up by under his arms and placed him back in bed. He rolled over as I pulled the covers over his petite form. I stood up and began to leave the room until I was stopped by a tug at the bottom of my dress. I looked behind myself and saw Ciels hand holding me back from leaving. "Marrie, can you stay here, j-just until I fall asleep that is.." he stuttered not making eye contact. I turned to face him with a smile. "Indeed I shall." I replied and sat on the edge of the bed.

I was in silence with my thoughts. Hmph, to wonder how me, a demon, actually grown quite attached to my master. In all faustian contracts I have made, I feel I am more drawn to his soul than any other. And his child, oh how I am quite fond of him. His soul so innocent, pure and intelligent. Even without an order I feel the need to protect it. Tch, pitiful. What an embarrassmeent I have become towards all demons.

Vincent Phantomhive.. kind, courteous, and chivalrous. I have been your faithful maid for some time now. Almost a full year to be exact. It feels like I had only marked your soul as mine just yesterday. I remember how you had no hesitation to summon a demon unknowingly. Yet you still made the deal. For your family. You love your family very much more intense than any other. More than your own soul. How delicious. I will make one hell of a meal out of you.