6. I've Got You're Back

A/N: Over 700 reads guys! You, my fellow Wattpadians, are amazing. Thank you so much for reading this book and all your wonderful support. I feel like every time we pass a milestone such as this, a giant thanks is much needed. So again, I say THANK YOU!!!

The Wattpad community get the dedication this chapter. (Pat yourself on the back if your reading this)

********************************************************************

Celeste wasn't wrong about using the word abandoned earlier to describe the warehouse. It was borderline baren. Nothing, and I mean nothing, seemed to be inside this place. I was expecting to see a couple of unfinished boats or pieces of scrap across the ground, maybe a skeleton here or there to jump start the tension. There was none of that, unfortunately, just more darkness every turn I took.

Just what I've always wanted.

"Does anyone have a lighter or something?" Even though there were a few cracked windows here and there, the moonlight barely illuminated anything around me. My sense of hearing was the only thing keeping me upright at this point, as I listened for the footsteps in front of me to guide us wherever the hell we were going.

"Give me a sec." Seconds later, an orange flame lit up everything around us. It wasn't as clear as I had hoped for, but it sure was a lot better than anything thing else we had before.

"Better?" The sharp contours of brown eyes' face were exaggerated greatly by the lighter currently in his hands. It was unsettling in all honesty since he looked more exotic than what I had witnessed before.

Less...human.

"We're close." I had almost completely forgot Celeste was even here. She had been quiet, surprisingly, the moment we had entered the warehouse. But after seeing the appearance on brown eyes' face, I found myself walking closer to Celeste. I was not by any means trying to be friends with her or anything, what a day that would be, her face was just a little bit more...comforting to look at for the time being.

Wow, who would've thought I would put Celeste and comforting in the same sentence.

"Your going to hate me for saying this, but are we there yet? Does this hallway have any end- oof!" Well, I guess that answered that question. Being so caught up in the conundrum that is Celeste, I hadn't even realized she had stopped and end up walking right past her into the wall in front of us.

Just another normal day for Skylar Brady, defeating one brain cell at a time.

"You're such a klutz." Shifting me to the side, Celeste and brown eyes came forward, the lighter in his hand illuminated the wall in the front of us, or should I now say door. A giant slab of steel that looked to be on it's last hinges from how much rust it was covered in. How old was this place? Not wasting another second, Celeste went to work in opening the door and, as a result, caused a dreadful screech to come out of it.

Tell everyone that we're here why don't you?

Darkness seemed to be the name of the game since that was currently all I was seeing in front of me. Not even the lighter seemed capable of scaring away the black void waiting up ahead.

"I'm going to have to back out of this one guys. It's been rad and all but-" Cutting me out completely was a sound worse than that of the demon back in the alley. It was so loud and so pronounced that it shook the ground beneath our feet. It numbed, outright numbed, me for a few seconds, causing me to drop the blade onto the ground. You couldn't even hear that as it impacted the cement since the cry was deafening. If someone had told me Godzilla was at the end of this hallway, I would believe them in a heart beat. I'm not even sure how long we just stood there before the noise came to a halt and silence dominated the air. Well, at least it did. The sound of a can falling down behind us caused everyone to look over their shoulders.