Good Girls.

The ride home consisted of my mother telling me that it could of been a whole lot worse and that I was not to leave the house alone. She obviously made sure I was alright before grounding me till the end of the summer which apparently makes it okay. However, this was the least of my worries, I just wanted to know when I'd see Ashton again.

"When my first day of therapy?" I asked, interrupting her speech.

"Tomorrow morning." She responds. I nod my head as we arrive home.

I am greeted by the rest of my family all hugging me, asking if I was ok and shiz. I wonder how Ashton feels, all alone living by himself... I hope he's okay.

"I'm fine. I just want to go to sleep." I sigh running into my room. I was absolutely exhausted.

Plopping down onto my bed, I played some music to calm my nerves. When that wasn't working, I grabbed my ukulele and strummed away. I began by playing Riptide, singing along. Playing the ukulele was something I did often, mostly when I was stressed. I checked my phone for the time and saw that it was 10:43 pm. I yawned and shut off my light, curling up in bed, and slowly drifting off to sleep.

I woke to sunlight peeking through the curtains of the window. The sound of the birds chirping outside made me smile. It was finally summer. I then remembered the events of yesterday and grunted. I was grounded for basically the entire summer. My door squeaked open revealing my mom.

"The therapy session is at 10 sweety, so I'd start getting ready now." My mom said with pity for me In her voice making me want to throw up. I hated pity.

"Yup." I grumbled sleepily rolling out of bed.

I took my hair out of its bun that I had lazily put it in last night. Sighing at my reflection, I grabbed my makeup bag. I wore a faire amount of makeup, but it isn't because I'm insecure or anything, it's because I actually enjoy doing my makeup. I applied a thin layer of foundation, then concealer, some powder, bronzer, eye shadow, eyeliner, and finally mascara. Don't worry, I always make sure that I don't look like a cake face.

Time for an outfit! I didn't want to wear anything too fancy, it was only counseling, but Ashton was going to be there! The outfit I ended up choosing was some light wash jean shorts and a flowy white tank top. I just went with some black Nike sneakers for my shoes. As for my knotted mess of hair, I decided to brush it out and straighten it.

"Are you ready Ash?" My mother called from the other room.

"Coming!" I hollered grabbing my phone and slipping out of my room.

At Therapy:

There was about 4 other kids here, but not a sign of Ashton. I wasn't forced to speak at all, so I just sat on the chair in a ball. One of the girls was talking about her traumatizing experience of her cat attacking her. It was very hard for me not to burst out laughing.

"So Ashley. Would you like to tell us your story?" The group leader asked me. I began to shake my head, not wanting to relive the moment.

"We were in a convenient store and an idiot decided to murder innocents." I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around to see Ashton closing the door.

"And who are you?" The counselor asked.

"Ashton. Ashton Irwin. I called yesterday." Ashton responded.

"Oh yes. Please, take a seat."

Ashton pulls a chair up and sits next to me.

"Did I miss much?" He asks.

"Just a story about a cat." I giggle quietly in his ear.

"Would you like to continue your story?" The counselor interrupts us.

"Sure." Ashton replies explaining the rest of our experience.

"Well I think that's all we have time for today! See you all in 2 days."

Ashton and I exit the session together. I look at my phone to see a text from my mom.

Hi honey. I'm running a bit late! Stay put!

I sigh putting my phone away.

"Need a ride?" Ashton smiles at me.

"No, my moms just running a bit late." I respond.

"How are you." He asks me, his eyes sparkling. Why was this kid so damn attractive?

"I'm fine, but grounded." I laugh.

"Grounded? Wow, that sucks for me." Ashton sighs.

"For you?" I question.

"I was going to invite you to a party with all my friends." Ashton laughs.

"That definitely sucks." I mumble. I could actually have a shot with Ashton if I could actually hang out with him.

"Where do you live? Not to be creepy or anything, just trying to start small talk." Ashton says awkwardly.

"Oh its fine. I live on Oakwood Ave. Its my summer house so its like the only cottage like house on the street. Its also only one floor though, so its nothing special." I explain seeing my mom pull up.

"That's my mom! See you in 2 days?" I ask backing away.

"Before you go, do you have anything hanging in the window of your bedroom?" Ashton questions. That's a weird question..

"Yeah, I have star stickers on one of them. Why?" I laugh.

"No reason! See ya!" Ashton waves. I hop into my moms car, watching him shrink in the distance as we drive away.

"How was it?" My mom asks.

"Boring." I mumble.

Back Home:

I was beginning to get bored just playing the ukulele over and over again. No one has really checked up on my today, which I liked. The sun had just gone down and I got out of my room to get dinner. To my surprise, everyone had apparently decided to go to bed early tonight. I signed and grabbed a left over bagel from the fridge and ate it.

Returning to my room, I turned off the kitchen light and closed my bedroom door. This summer might actually be boring. I sighed and rolled onto my bed. CLINK. A noise came from my window startling me. I squinted my eyes to see curly hair and a red bandana.

I tiptoe to the window and open it.

"What the hell Ashton?" I laugh trying to process what was happening.

"Let's go to the party!" He exclaims. I think about it for a second, pondering the idea of it. What an adventure this would be..

"Let me get changed real quick." I answer closing the curtains. Thank god I kept my makeup on from this morning. Instead of changing my entire outfit, I just switch out my shorts for black skinny jeans and slipped on some Birkenstocks.

"Ready!" I smiled opening the curtains.

"Wow. I was expecting to have to convince you to go, you seem like the good girl type." He laughed.

"I am! As long as I don't get caught." I reply taking his hand as he helps me down to the ground. He raises a questioning eyebrow at me.

"My parents will still think that I'm good as long as I don't get caught. So technically, every good girl is a bad girl that hasn't been caught.. if that makes sense." I explain.

"Huh." He laughs and leads me to his car.