Chapter 12 (part 1)

Start from the beginning

I descended the ladder down to my room with josh and Carly-along with the other guards- trailing behind me.

"I need to take a bath." I stated firmly, not wanting to talk about my stupidness. I searched my walk in closet and found a beautiful green dress that my mother had bought just months ago, I had thrown a fit when she handed me the dress. I told her that buying it was a waste of time, that I don't want a dress and that she should just burn it.

I hated dresses. Absolutely loathed them, all bad things happen to me when I'm in a dress. I had drawn the last straw when I was in seventh grade.

--flashback--

I giggled, twirling around in my shimmery midnight blue dress,"I love it mom." I hugged her tightly. It was Halloween madness at school today and I was dressed up as a Siren, a creature(?) that someone would see in Mythical books. Someone oddly beautiful it was terrifying. Someone who can control thoughts of men.

My hands slid into my black netted and fingerless gloves. My mom had made me turn absolutely, breathtaking. Even I knew that. My blond hair had black and pink streaks in them. And I wore a headband that had a small had and black veil which was covering my left eye.

There was a knock on the door. My mom grinned lopsidedly, as if expecting her daughter to get her first kiss. At the age of fourteen.

She told me to make a grand entrance for my date. It wasn't even a date. I had just kindly agreed to go to the Halloween party with Harry, my best friend.

She left, but not before telling me that I'd marry Harry someday. (Which is very unlikely now that I hate the guy.)

A few minutes later she called my name,"I'll be right down. Give me a sec!" I glanced briefly at my reflection the came running down the stairs with my black ballet flats on.

"You look, beautiful Ina(Sheena= Ina)." I didn't blush like a girl would usually do. But I grabbed his hand and pulled him forcefully outside before my mom starts to embarrass me.

"Don't embarrass her or I'll chop your small jewels boy!" My father called after us. Now that, made me blush.

Harry paled, "I'm -I'm not going to embarrass her Mr. smith!" He stammered, looking back at my house.

We walked to school since both of us were fourteen and we don't have cars or drivers licenses. I shivered, it was cold; the fact that my shoulders were bare didn't help either.

Harry slung his arm over his shoulder, giving me warmth. I only noticed now that he was in a ragged suit and tie, which gave me the impression of the zombies in the game plants vs. zombies. The only difference was the color, he was all black except the tie (midnight blue) and the shirt underneath (which was white).

When we entered the gym everyone stared. We were so different. We were the only normal looking people here. We sat at the very corner of the room, waiting for our friends. I plugged in my earphones despite the music already blaring from the large speakers on the stage. I hated the song that was playing.

I was bobbing my head up and down to paramore's brick by boring brick when I was hauled up by someone, a girl actually. She poured a cup full of punch on me.

"How dare you!" She shrieked.

"What did I do!"

"This was supposed to be my night! How dare you steal the spotlight away from me." She sneered, and I looked at her, she was in her usual cheerleading outfit, only it was torn and she had put make up on her face to look like her head is bleeding. All in all she looked like someone who just got raped by a maniac. It was not a sight to see.