Chapter 14 - Marked

Xavier's POV

"See if you can contact the Great Luna" I snarl at my beta as I make my way down the hall to my office.

This was not how I imagined my afternoon going. How fucking dare the fates think that it is okay to drop news on us like that and give us no information?

"Kingston." I say to my librarian and historian.

"Yes, Alpha?" He replies immediately.

"Has anything like this happened before?" I ask as I sit down in my office chair.

"No, Alpha. My mate has helped me look through every book in the library in the basement as well as the public library in town. There's nothing." He replies.

"Alpha, I know you don't want to hear this but there are two rouges closing in on the house. We are alongside them and have discovered that they are both majors based on their scent." A warrior says from the doorway.

"Fuuuck." I growls out. "Okay, the fates said that they will seek safety from this pack so go and get them and bring them here." I say.

The warrior runs away to collect the majors and I look over to Kinston, the only other person in the room.

"How's Cat?" I ask genuinely. I may not have expected new members but I have accepted them wholeheartedly and treat them as anyone else in the pack.

"She's good. I think she has finally gotten used to me being the librarian now."

I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, she was a bit annoyed that I was constantly reading all the time but she's gotten used to it now. She has even started reading things with me." He says with a smile.

"Ahh, right. Yes, rumor has it you're up reading for most of the night." I tell him in a laugh.

He gives me a shit-eating grin that immediately has me sending him out of my office. I do not want to hear about his sex life. Kingston closes the door behind him and I sigh and lean back in my chair.

There was a knock at my office door and I smiled when Illuminy continued to wait on the other side of the door.

"You are my mate, love. You don't have to knock." I say.

She opens the door and pops her head in.

"Are you sure you're not busy?" she asks.

"I'm never too busy for you." I tell her.

She smiles shyly and steps into the office closing the door behind her. She makes her way over to me and sops in front of me.

"Did Kingston kn'argh." She screams a little when I pull her onto my lap.

She smiles her sweet smile at me again before putting her head on my shoulder and continuing what she was saying.

"Did Kingston know anything?" 

"No, he and Cat looked everywhere but they didn't find anything." I sigh to her.

She rubs my thigh soothingly as if telling me that it's okay and we will figure it out.

The door to my office opens suddenly and Illuminy jumps out my lap quickly as two rouges and three warriors walk in to the room.

There was one rouge girl and one rough boy. Both had their heads bowed in submission. 

I grab Illuminy by her arm and pull her back down to my lap. She blushes cherry red but stays put.

"Let's get straight to the point shall we?" I ask the rouges.