Chapter 2 - Finding A Mate

Xavier's POV

Never in my life had I been so angry. Under the table was the most beautiful being I had seen in my life. She had long brown hair and blue eyes. Her cheek bones were high and she had a little button nose. Beautiful. Why was I angry? I was angry because this beautiful being before me was in a severely unhealthy state. Her long hair was tangled and was greasy, her whole body had dry blood and mud covering it and she was wearing a men's tee-shirt that was also covered in mud.

She was too beautiful to have to wear things like that.

"Alpha, can we please kill it and move on?" I heard my head warrior say from behind me.

Before I can even comprehend what I am doing, I turn around and slash his face with my claws. No one. Threatens. My. Mate. He turned around holding his hand to his bleeding face. I felt a large hand on my shoulder and turned around getting ready to attack.

My beta raised his hands in surrender.

"Woah, I just wanted to tell you that what your doing, not a good idea. She's already scared enough. She's terrified." My beta said softly to me.

I breathed in and out heavily. He had heard me call her my mate. Good. Everyone should know. I bent back down on my knees and saw that she wasn't there anymore. I let out a ferral growl and started to look around furriosly. I could smell that she was still in this room. 

"Find her" I growled out to my beta and head warrior.

"Yes, Alpha." They replied in unison.

The room was a dinning room. There was two long tables in the room that ran parellel to each other and a buffet table running along the back wall. For some reason, I knew that tiny little mate was hidding under there. I started to make my way over there slowly. 

I knew why she was scared of me, she was an omega. The lowest ranking pack member. I was an Alpha, the highest ranking pack member. Some packs don't treat their omegas well. From what I could see, this pack didn't care for my mate at all. 

When I reached the buffet table, I could her the soft whimprs of my mate. A deep frown graced my face. Was she actually that scared of me that she was crying?

I bent down on my knees slowly and brought the table cloth up. There she was, in a ball against the back of the wall. I smiled at her, but all I got in return was her wet staring eyes. I reached my hand out to her but she tryed to move further against the wall. I breathed in a deep sigh.

"Come on little one, I won't hurt you." I said to her softly, my hand still reached out to her.

She whimpered shyly but continued to stare at my hand. A wiggled my hand slightly, trying to make myself seem welcoming. 

"Alpha, we have to go now, the council is coming" I hear my beta say in the background.

"Please" I say to her in a whisper. If she didn't come now, we would all be in deep shit. My beta and head warrior as well as me were way to big to even get half way under the table. and, if the council was coming and they found us on this packs territory, we would be in big trouble and many fof mine would die.

She slowly starts to unravel herself and she reaches for my hand. I grasp it in my hand tightly and help her crawl out from under the table. Once she is halfway out of the table, I lift her over my shoulder carefully and start to run towards the exit with my beta and head warrior on my heals. 

When we had made it outside I head my head warrior on my left scream at everyone to retreat. I also heard my mate whimper. As much as I wanted to ask her what was wrong, I couldn't right now, we had a lot more problems to worry about.

Once I was sure that everyone had heard us screaming to retreat I started running alongside my pack. I had to get my little mte back to the pack house. It would take at least an hour to get all the way back to California and I wanted my mate to be comfortable so I stopped running. A lot of pack members stopped with me but i snareled aat them and they continued. Once I was some what alone I lifted my tiny mate of my shoulder.

She had wide eyes and looked around her before looking back to me with wide eyes.

"Are you going to kill me now?"

I stared at her with wide eyes. This whole time she thought I was going to kill her? Damn, that's why she was so scared. 

"Of course not, little one. Your my mate" I said to her softly. She looked at the ground and sniffed softly.

"I don't think you're my-my mate," She said softly.

"What" I snarled out at her. Her eyes went wide and she took a step back. Shit, I've scared her.

"Wait, I'm sorry I didn't mean to snarl at you but...why don't you think I'm your mate?" I ask her

"My A-alpha said I w-would never get a mate" she stuttered along.

I growled and then looked at my little mate realising that I had scared her again. Wow, I was already a bad mate. 

"Okay, I'm going to shift and I want you to get on my back so that I can run and you can be comfortable." I said to her and waited for her to reply. She just stared at me blankly.

"Little one?" I asked.

"Okay" she said softly. As soon as I heard it I shifted into my wolf and stared at her. I held out my big black paw to her and waited. She looked a bit scared, but also intrigued. She walked over to he slowly and when she was standing in front of me she put her hand on my head and patted me.

She let out a giggle when I purred at her. I turned around so that she could get on my back. But after a while I realized that she wasn't getting on. I turned my head to see what she was waiting for. She just stared at me in the eyes. Then she started to giggle. What was she giggling at?

"You're too big, you have to crouch down so I can get on your back" She said, her words laced with giggles.

I gave her a wolfy grin and bent down. She slowly climbed onto my back and got her self settled there. When I knew that she was ready for me to move, I got up and started towards the pack territory. 

 It was time to take this little omega home.