" That moment must have been good for a guy to forget his condom. What are you doing to that man ".

" Guys! ". Gabriela came running towards us looking excited.

" I won the trip at work to Paris!, so pack your stuff we get to spend a week all expense paid! ".

We all got up jumping like a couple of crazy teens.

" When do we leave? ". I asked her.

" Tomorrow, so I suggest you get to packing ". Gabi said to us.

" I can't wait to tell Vinny ". I clapped excitedly.

They both stopped and looked at me." Is he going to be okay with you leaving the country?". Gia asked.

"Why not?, it's not like I'm not coming back". I shrugged.

When he came to pick me up that evening I didn't want to tell him until we were inside his house. He was dressed differently today though like he was about to do a bank robbery.

" How was your day?". He asked breaking the silence in the car.

"It was good, had a lot of tips today too".

"I don't like you working, but I know I can't stop you from doing it so I'm not even going to fight you on this".

" Smart move". I shot back. "Why are you dressed like that?".

He looked down at his clothes then back at me. " I have business to attend to tonight ". He said nonchalantly.

" What type of business, and you really need to stop being so cryptic with me I tell you everything so I suggest you do the same no matter how gruesome ".

" We have some drugs coming in tonight, it's a pretty big deal so I may not be back till morning ".

" Oh".

He raised his eyebrows as though he didn't understand.

"Well as long as we're on the topic of big news, Gabi won a trip to Paris and it leaves tomorrow".

"Okay, that's nice I guess”. He replied.

" So you're not mad about me leaving the country ?".

His head snapped to mines in a flash.

"What, who said you're leaving the country?".

" I did-"

"No".

" No? ".

" That's what I said, no".

"That's not up for you to decide".

" And I already made it, your not going ".

" You sound like a father scolding his child, I'm not five years old if you haven't noticed ".

" Look I've already told you my take on this whole trip thing and I'm done talking about it".

I looked over at him in shock, he can say what he wants I'm still going.

"I'm dropping you off at my place and I'll see you when I get back okay?". He said as he took my hand in his then leaned down and kissed my cheek.

" No drop me off at mines, you know your not fair at all, why is you get to do what the hell you want but you treat me like I'm some kid ".

" What I do is dangerous-".

"And what does dangerous have to do with going to Paris?".

" If something happens to you I won't be there to protect you ".