Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Dos (El Sinaloense)

Start from the beginning

"Call me when you land in Reynosa." I kissed his cheek.

*~*~*~*~*~*

After the small incident with Alex the ceremony continued without any problem. Sofia and Daniel had a beautiful mass where they declared their love for each other and vowed to be together for life. My best friend became, Sofia Ivette Bustamante.

"Everyone please give a round of applause for the newlyweds!" the DJ's voiced boomed through the large speakers as he introduced the married couple.

Daniel walked his bride to the center of the dance floor while family and friends sat around in their assigned tables waiting for the newlyweds first dance. He wrapped his hand around her waist and Sofi put her right hand on his shoulder, everyone cheered as the first chords of the song began to play and the newly married couple swayed along to the beat of the music.

The song chosen by them was, "De Uno y De Todos Los Modos" by Palomo.

"Te quiero pedir una cosa, deseo que seas mi esposa porque te amo. Mas alla de todo, de uno y de todos los modos!" (De Uno y De Todos Los Modos by Regional-Mexican group Palomo)

"He was here wasn't he?" Santi whispered into my ear, he was sitting in the chair next to mine with the rest of our friends sitting on the other side of the table.

I turned to look at him feigning confusion. "Who?"

"Your brother..."

Nothing could get past the cartel boss, without him finding out first.

"They talked and she asked him to leave, he tried to convince her to run away with him but she loves your cousin." I explained to my boyfriend in a hushed tone. "Don't you say anything to Leo or Daniel."

"My lips are sealed. We both know what they will do if they find out what your brother tried to do. I'm just glad things didn't get out of hand because that would've forced our families to take sides."

The loud clapping of the guests put an end to our secret conversation and we joined everyone else in congratulating Sofia and Daniel.

*~*~*~*~*

"Let's go dance, babe" Santiago said with excitement, tugging me towards the dance floor. "Yeah?"

I groaned. "My feet are killing me"

"Just one song, c'mon!" He pulled me to the dance floor where the rest of our friends were having a blast, Claire and Mike seemed to be out of their element with the type of music that was playing but they were dancing their butt's off nonetheless.

Just as we stepped on the wooden floor the group of musicians who had arrived a little late began to play a cover of one of Santi's favorite song, by famous Mexican singer, Valentin Elizalde aka El Gallo de Oro.

"Come me duele, come me duele, como me duele que te saquen a bailar."

A laugh escaped my lips when Santi pulled me closer to his body and danced like a true expert around the dance floor. The beat of the song is a bit fast so you have to really know how to dance to make it look good but Santiago made it look cool and effortless. Being pregnant and moving along to the fast paced music was tiring, but I was able to keep up with him.

It was when the song changed to "El Sinaloense" also a cover of the version by El Gallo de Oro, that I knew I was out of my league. I let go of him and we continued to dance together but with some distance between us.

There was no way I could dance as fast as him!

Those dancing around us cheered him on when they saw him dancing around me, taunting me to keep up with him. But there was no way I could do better than him,and he knew it.