(Last) Chapter 12

I slowly tapped the period key on my keyboard and smiled. I was finally finished. I clicked on the print button. I grabbed the thick stack of paper from the printer and sprinted to the dining room. There, my beautiful girlfriend, Selene was sitting at the dining table. I slammed the stack of paper on the table and she jumped. I knew that was rude, but I was too excited to let her read my story that I almost didn't care.

She looked at me with her gorgeous emerald green eyes. She dog eared the page in her book and push it aside. She pulled my stack of paper closer to her and read the cover aloud,
"Incomplete, by Sam Faith"

* * * * *

I sat on the couch staring at the T.V., but my mind was elsewhere. I was drawn to reality when I heard feet shuffling against the hardwood. I twisted myself towards the entrance of the living room. My girlfriend was slowly walking into the living room as her eyes scanned through my manuscript. She was dressed very casually and her hair was back in a ponytail, but she was still breathtaking. She sat down next to me and read the last three sentences aloud.

"I guess I will learn the hard way that faith isn't just a last name. I'll have to bare the pain and have faith. I finally knew what it was like to be Incomplete."

She placed the stack of paper on the coffee table table in front of us. She turned towards me and stared at me. Her emerald green eyes were something I couldn't leave out of my story.

A single tear fell down her cheek and I wiped it away with my thumb. It hurt me that something I wrote made her cry, but I guess I was doing something right. I did want people who read my story to feel some sort of emotion.

I caressed her cheek and kissed her gently. When I pulled away, she bit her lip and then smiled.

"Sam, that was really good. How come you never told me you were into writing? I work for a publishing company. I read manuscripts all the time. How come you never told me?" Selene asked.

I smiled, sheepishly.

"I guess I just never knew if it was any good," I admitted. "Do you think you could help me send this into your publishing company?"

"Of course!" she replied.

She got up off the couch and started out the room. I followed her. Right before we exited the room she stopped and spun around. Her pony tail whipped across my neck.

The whole thing caught me by surprise and I was barely able to stop inches away from her. A smirk formed across her lips as she tilted her head up slightly to meet my gaze.

"By the way, I am way more sarcastic in real life than you made me out to be in that story of yours," she said.

//the end (please don't kill me) //