Chapter Twenty Nine - Alena's P.O.V

I was the first to wake up at eight o'clock. When I went out into the main room, Mina and Liz were both crashed on the couches, still wearing what they wore to the party last night. I decided to be kind and let them sleep, assuming that they were probably hung over and did drink last night, and just went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Within the hour that I made breakfast, everyone gradually woke up. Shayna and Jess were the first to wake up, then Mina and Liz woke after hearing Shayna and Jess talking and turning the TV on in the main room. Mikayla and Sydni were the last to wake up, and came into the main room just in time for breakfast.

I placed the plate stacked tall with pancakes in the center of the table, bacon, sausage, home fries and toast on the sides. Coffee, milk, and orange juice were at the end of the table to be passed around. Everyone started digging in and putting food on their plates before I could even sit down. And once I did, I noticed an empty seat.

"Hey guys, where's Tess?" Everyone looked around the table at each other's faces and processed that Tess indeed was not here with us.

"She never left the party. We went over and told her that we were leaving and she told us that she wasn't coming home tonight. So we told her to call us if she needed us to come get her and that was it." Mikayla shared, cutting into her pancakes.

"So it's safe to assume that she spent the night with John?" I said, trying to come to a conclusion.

"Without a doubt, we all saw it coming." Mina said. "And as far as I know, she didn't drink while we were all at the party. So unless he gave her something after we left, she chose to do it; so good for her."

"Did you guys drink last night?" No one answered me, but I could tell by the few heads hanging low and staring at their food that some of them certainly had.

"I didn't, I'm clean. Couldn't risk it." Mina cheered, bitting into a piece of toast. There was a pause before anyone else spoke.

"I did." Liz confessed. I couldn't say I was surprised after seeing her dancing with the guys there, but I couldn't really judge it. It was her choice. And she's here now and safe, that's all that matters.

"I did too." Jess chimed in. Again, not really surprised after hearing about her and Oliver last night, but I was just glad she was safe.

"Okay, so who else?" No one else spoke up. I looked across the table to Shayna, and her eyes just widened at me.

"What?! Don't assume I was drinking! I'm not drinking until I'm of legal age." She yelled, attempting to defend herself.

"I didn't even accuse you of anything! I just looked at you!" I yelled back.

"Can we please stop the yelling?" Jess groaned. "I already have enough of a headache."

"How much did you drink?" Mikayla asked Jess.

"I don't remember, but I didn't think it was that much. I just remember falling asleep in the car and I woke up when Shayna tried throwing me over her back and carrying me inside."

"You're welcome for that." Shayna said, looking for a thank you.

"Thank you Shayna." Jess said sarcastically, but of course she still meant it.

"I just can't believe that Tess, out of any of us, actually ended up sleeping with someone at the party." I tried changing the subject away from the alcohol. "I mean, not to judge, but she's never even had sex before. So imagining goodie Tess who won't lie to her parents loosing her v-card at a party with a guy she's only talked to for three days is a little out of the ordinary." As if on command, a car pulled into the drive way. We all heard the tires against the crushed shells of the driveway and turned our heads to look out the window. It was the same red jeep that had brought me home last night.