Chapter Seventeen - Alena's P.O.V

I laid in my bed and stared into the ceiling, smiling about how amazing the night was. I had a great time with my friends, got my prom dress, and my amazing boyfriend is now also my prom date. I could not have had a better end of my day. 

        My thoughts were paused by the sound of my phone buzzing against my nightstand. I reached for it and looked to find a call coming in from Tyler. "Hey Ty, what's going on?" I spoke into my phone. 

        "Okay, so when I came inside after you dropped me off, my mom and dad were sitting in the living room watching TV and they both were wondering where I was and what I'd been up to and such, so I of course had to explain to them that I was over at your place asking you to prom. 

        "And they just kept asking who I asked, so I told them that I asked you, my girlfriend, and they were in total shock that I have a girlfriend because I sort of haven't told them, and now they really want to meet you and whatever." Tyler paused, "Please don't be upset or mad that I didn't tell them we were dating, I just didn't really know how to tell them so I never did." 

        "Tyler I'm not mad, I don't mind, don't worry about it." I laughed. "So when do I meet your family?" 

        "They want you over for dinner tomorrow. if you can make it." He sounded so embarrassed and ashamed, maybe embarrassed of his parents? Hopefully not embarrassed by me. Regardless, I don't think he has anything to worry about. I'm sure his parents are great. 

        "Of course! I can be over whenever, so just text me when you guys want me there and I'll be on my way." I chirped. "Or, if you guys need me to I can come over earlier and help cook?" Tyler didn't speak for a minute, and I heard faint voices in the background after a bit. 

        "Is she crazy? She's our guest! She doesn't have to cook, just tell her to be here for 6:00 and everything will be prepared. She doesn't need to worry about anything, tell her thank you though!" Came from who sounded to be his mother. 

        "They've got it all under control, don't worry about it. Thank you though from my mom." Tyler said, his voice still sounding very drained. 

        "Tyler, please don't worry, you have nothing to be worried about, okay? We're going to go to prom together and we're going to have an amazing time. We're graduating soon and everything is going to be great. You don't need to worry." I tried to assure him. Yes, graduating was going to be sad and scary, but no one can argue with finally ending high school. 

        "Ugh," he exhaled. "I won't. Just, please don't pay to much attention to my family? I love them and everything, but you're the first girl I've ever brought home or had meet my family and they aren't going to know how to react and whatever, so just don't focus on them too much, okay?" 

        "Tyler, it's going to be fine. Everything is going to be fine." I reassured him, and he heavily exhaled again, the sound of him collapsing against his bed in the background. 

        "If you say so darling." 

"I love you Tyler. Please don't worry, okay? Call me if you need anything at all." I don't want him to have an anxiety attack and get too stressed out about me meeting his family, I really don't see how it could be that bad. I mean, he survived all of my craziness here, there's no way I can't handle his (I'm assuming to be) normal family tomorrow night. 

        "Thank you, I love you too Lena, goodnight." He ended the call and I looked at my phone for the time; 11:28. I put my phone on my nightstand, shut off my lamp and drifted into a deep sleep. 

 AUTHOR'S NOTE; Sorry for the shorter chapter today guys; I'm going to be doing some more writing today so I'll try and update again before the end of the night (EDT). 

        ALSO; Thank you guys so much for getting me to 400 reads! I was so excited to see that, your interest and support for my story is why I write. I hope you're all enjoying, please vote/comment/tell your friends and have a wonderful day (: