Chapter Eleven - Tyler's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning with Alena sprawled out on top of me, her mouth slightly open and my t-shirt wet from her tears. Her hair was in a messy bun, the pieces that didn't fit flying in every which way. I wanted to smile, seeing her in front of me and being here with her, but I still couldn't begin to fathom everything that she had told me last night.

        I knew that I wasn't her first boyfriend or her first sexual encounter. I knew that she had a lot more experience than I did in every way. But to think that she had been through all of this? 

 I would love to say that if I ever saw Blake after last night, I would kill him, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that. Even for her.

         I just couldn't believe that someone could take advantage of beautiful, innocent Alena. Good thing she stopped hanging out with Lilli after that; she doesn't need anymore trouble. In fact, Alena's lucky that he was leaving her anyway. I can't even imagine how much worse things would have gotten if she actually had to leave him and confront him about what was happening. 

          But maybe that's why she's still having problems? She's never truly confronted her demon. Yes, he left her alone, but on his own terms. Alena never truly had the chance to stand up for herself and defeat him, even only in her mind. Perhaps it's too late now, but I would be here through every step of the way, even if he's trapped inside her brain. 

           "Good morning Ty." Alena croaked out after waking up, moaning while rubbing her eyes. 

 "Good morning darling." I smiled to her, kissing her on the forehead. "How did you sleep?" 

 "Alright, considering it was only an hour and a half. What time is it?" Alena lifted herself off of me and dragged herself out of bed, beginning to walk towards her closet. 

            "7:00... we got a little extra sleep but we don't have much time to get ready." I said, following her in. 

           "That's alright, I just need to get dressed and quickly fix my hair. We can grab Dunkin really quick on the way. Do you need clothes?" Alena asked looking over at me. She had just pulled some pale blue dress from her closet, setting it down on the bench behind her. She pulled her sweatshirt over her head and shook off her shorts, walking out of the closet and while doing so tossing her clothes into the hamper. Alena went into the bathroom, put deodorant on, and came back to slip the dress on. It was casual, plain and simple, but looked beautiful on her. 

            I then looked down at what I was wearing, a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. The t-shirt was fine, my scars were faded a lot more and wouldn't be as noticeable, and it was nicer out now that it was end of April. However, I wasn't too keen on school in sweatpants. "You wouldn't have pants, huh?" I looked back up to find that she was back in the bathroom, brushing through her hair and effortlessly running her straightener over it. She had put on some kind of simple gold locket and slipped on nude/beige flats or something of the sorts. She looked amazing, and if I hadn't had witnessed her getting ready, I would've certainly assumed that she put a lot more effort into her appearance than she actually did. 

           "My dad may have some casual jeans that would fit you. He's a bit taller than you, so they might be baggy on the ends, and he isn't into skinny jeans but they're nothing that will look strange on you. You don't need a shirt?" She made her way out of the bathroom and started walking down the hall to her parents' room. 

           "No, I can stay in this." I called back. She came back momentarily with a pair of dark wash jeans folded in her hands. 

           "Try them on, if they don't fit right then we can go to your house instead of Dunkin, We don't have to be in school right on time." I slid my sweatpants off and the pants on, buttoning them and zipping the fly once they reached my waist. I walked over to her closet and found Alena's mirror then checked to see what they looked like. They certainly weren't my traditional black skinny jeans, but they weren't that bad and they weren't too big. They would certainly do for one day.