Chapter 23- Welcome Back

** Two months later **

"Yeh I'll talk to you guys later alright?"

"Okay, are you going to the hospital?" My brother asked.

"Yeh, remember I only actually came home to take a shower then you called." I chuckled

"Oh right. Tell daddeh Anderson that we'll come as soon as we get a few days off."

"I will, that will mean a lot to him." I smiled.

"Okay you should get going Jess. We love you, bye!!"

They all blew me kisses and waved like crazy people, "Bye guys!" I blew one giant kiss back and ended the Skype call. Liam, Louis, Niall, and/or Harry Skype and call and text me all the time. Except for not actually seeing them in person it's almost like they never left. Almost. I still miss them like crazy and I'm glad I was wrong in thinking that they would just leave and forget all about me.

Daddy hasn't been doing very well. Just in the last couple weeks he went from okay to horrible. He's currently admitted in hospital so we've all been trying to be there as much as possible. I've just left a couple hours ago to pick the girls up from school and go home for a bit so I could shower; Toby should be here soon to stay with the girls while I go back to the hospital.

--

I stood in the hospital wait room for about fifteen minutes now, and I've found that the longer I stay out here, the more interesting the specks on the white tiled floors become. I love my dad but I hate going in his hospital room. Is that bad? Being here, seeing him bald and weak in the bed makes this all seem so real. I'm not in denial that my dad is sick, it's just hard knowing that he could pass on at any moment. I can't even start to think of what I'll do without him. How can an entire lifetime be embodied in such a small frail frame of a being? It's just not fair.

Eventually I went in, but dad was sleeping so I just sat in a chair near his bed and read until he woke up. Thankfully I brought some things to do, as I'll be sleeping over here tonight. Mads will be here any minute (with some real food) and she'll be spending the night here too.I was supposed to be going to the movies with Stephen tonight, but I really just don't think I can leave my dad. In case you were wondering, Stephen and I have been dating for about six weeks now. All the boys know, except Zayn, but I'm thinking that's probably for the best. I really do actually like Stephen he's a great guy. But honestly, there's just something missing there. I know it sounds bad but even though Zayn and I were never really together there was something in that "relationship" that I need in this one with Stephen; even Mads has noticed that there is something off about our relationship. My dad has met Stephen and he likes him, which means the world to me, but I can tell that there is something that he isn't telling me in regards to how he feels.

    Around dinner time dad woke up. "Hey there Pooh Bear," my dad has called me Pooh Bear for as long as I can remember, "I thought you were going out with Stephen tonight?"

   His weak voice brought tears to my eyes but I wouldn't let them fall. "I did, but I told him I wanted to stay here with you tonight."

   "Oh sweet heart you didn't have to do that, you should be out having fun." He tells me this same thing every time we talk.

   "The only thing I should be doing is spending time with you daddy, that's all that matters to me." Before he could respond I quickly changed the subject. "Oh, and the boys all say hi, they wanted me to tell you that they are going to come out here as soon as they can get a couple days off."

   A small smile appeared on his face; smiling was a rare occurrence these days, as he was too weak to even make a simple grin. "I would love to see them. They are just the nicest guys, Jess, I'm really glad you have them."