Chapter 3: Explanations and Eggheads

"Cassi dear, I haven't been completely honest with you" my mom came sitting down besides me and grabbing my hand. I rolled my eyes. My mom never cares about me normally. She puts up a bit of a facade when people are around but since my dad was killed she acts as if I don't exist. As if I'm a problem she has to deal with.

"I am the current alpha of the Blue Moon pack. My job is the be the leader and sole caretaker. Normally it is a male but since your father died it became my duty." She dabbed at her eye with a towel. Gosh she was so dramatic. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again. " Savannah's parents are pup care takers, meaning they watch over the young while their parents are doing things for the pack. That's why they're so protective. They also teach you about wolves and things like that as you're young. I didn't want any of that for you. It was for your own good."

I turned around getting angrier by the minute. Keeping all this a secret was for my own good!? Ha these people are delusional. They must have slipped something into my coffee this morning.

"Anyway below me is the beta, my second in command, which are Linus's parents. After that comes delta, Lucs family, and the power trickled down to omega, the lowest class. The kids usually take on their parents jobs unless their mates are of a higher class"

Mates? What is she talking about "You kept this from me this whole time! My entire life is a lie..." I glared at my supposed mom.

"Um were gonna just kinda go..." Luc said grabbing Arielle by the hand and practically tripping over himself to get to the door.

"We'll be in the infirmity when you're done ho" Arielle called out to me.

I turned back to my mom. "How could you..." My blood boiled again. "You let me believe in something I'm not, then throw me into a world of werewolves and monsters and shit! I can't believe you what is wrong with you!"

"I didn't tell you because I'm your mother and I think it was best for you not to know till now."

"Why would you lie to me. After all these years. And now what? You expect me to be content in you're little werewolf fantasy world? To become alpha like you? Well I may be a controlling asshole but by as bad as you oka-"

Slap

"You will not speak to your mother that way! I'm he one who raised you, fed you, dealt with your pathetic alcoholic excuse of a father, and this is how you thank me?" She turned around "I'm done, come speak to me when will you learn to stop being suck a bitch"

I didn't know what stung more, my cheek or my pride. She was such an assho- egghead. I tried using nicer words to control my anger.

I held my head high and stalked around her and walked in the direction Arielle and Luc went.

I found the infirmity with the help of some old friends I went to school with.

Savy sat in bed smiling at something Luc said and Arielle sat on Linus's bed as he laid unconscious. What a shame. It's Linus's birthday tomorrow and he might be unconscious. Jake ran in the room.

He looked at me hopefully before pulling Luc outside. Weirdos.

I felt myself zero into their conversation outside the door.

"Man it sucks Savy didn't turn out to be your mate, don't worry bro there's someone out there." Jake started.

"I just really expected it to be her" he groaned "just like how you except it to be cassi" I could hear the smirk on Lucs face as he said this.

"Shut up dude you know that's not true"

"Whatever man come on, don't worry I'm not that sad about Savy."

The door slammed open and I winced. My ears were highly sensitive already since I had changed into a were wolf but they were especially sensitive because I was trying to ease drop.

"You alright?" Savy said. She was the bestest friend anyone could ask for.

"Course" I mustered a smile and walked over to Linus's bed. He sat motionless drooling. What a dork.

I pulled Luc and Arielle outside for a quick chat.

"Luc what were you and jake talking about?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Wha- nothing why?" He stuttered. What a tool.

"what are mates?"

Arielle laughed, not a cute girly giggle, but a deep walrus guttural laugh. She was practically rolling in the floor.

I placed my hand on my hip. "Well?"

"Girl talk." She pushed Luc back into the infirmity and pulled me by the hand. "This is gonna be hilarious"

Yay I thought sarcastically.