Chapter 1: Provincial Life

*beepbeepbeep*

"Ughhhh" I groan. I pull myself from my warm cozy bed and get ready for school. I was an average girl just like any other at my school. Brown hair, brown eyes and really pale. Nothing particularly special.

I pull on a polo and some skinny jeans and combat boots pinning my hair half up half down. I grab my phone and hear a loud honk outside. I run out jumping in one of my closest friend, Savannah's, car. She was gorgeous on the other hand, her eyes were brown like mine but brighter and her brain hair turned wavy midway down her back. All the guys in our school liked her but she was super oblivious. She was really insecure especially with her hight being barely 5'.

I give her a quick hug as we talk about the latest gossip and out shitty teachers and what's going on with us. We're practically neighbors so we see each other all the time. Savannah (Savy) jut turned 16 and got her license. Now I mooch off her new ride. She's so lucky, her parents and mine are super close, I hope mine learn by example and give me my car when I turn 16 tomorrow.

When we get to school, we head to our usual spot with 3 of our friends waiting, Arielle Luc and Linus. Arielle was short, even compared to Savannah, with curly black hair and porcelain skin. Luc was 5'8 with brown hair gelled up and green eyes, he was lean but did boxing. Linus was 6' with blond hair that stood up by itself with sweet brown eyes. Don't let that fool you though he is a major asshole but also my best friend.

Me Linus and jake were all 15, Savy (who turned it last night) Luc and Arielle were 16. She's been looking around anxiously all day. That's so weird I don't know what she's expecting. Luc looked kind of sad when she got to school. I wonder what that's about.

We meet up with some of our other friends but quickly disperse when we hear the first bell.

Soon enough schools over and I'm in one of my friends cars heading home. For some reason the day just skimmed by and I was feel really light headed and nauseous. The minute I get home I pass out.

I find my self in the forest. This must be a dream I think to myself. Suddenly I'm surrounded by wolves. One stands a little in front of the crowd. A pure black wolf with gleaming emerald eyes. We stare down for what seemed like hours but what was probably only seconds. The wind rustled the wolves hair slightly and I couldn't think of anything else besides wanting to feel the wind through my fur as well.

Wait.

My fur? Where did that thought come fro-

*beepbeepbeep*

What a weird dream. I rubbed my head in confusion. How long was I asleep? I still feel my head throbbing, and the blood circulating.

My mom comes in, concern written on her face. That's weird we rarely interact.

"Hey sweetie" she starts "you don't look so good, when I got back from work you were sleeping and was burning up" she looked nervous for some reason. "Happy birthday but, I think it's best if you stay home from school today"

"Mom I can't all my friends are waiting for me, I'll be fine." I get up and a splitting head ache rips through me. I put up an easy smile to cover my wince.

"Honey no you have to sta-"

"No!" My face felt hot and I felt unbelievably angry. I quickly got dressed and barged out of my room. "I have to go to school I have an ap chemistry test and my friends will worry" I raced outside still feeling nauseous.

When I got to school I just felt numb.

I didn't talk or do much of anything which is unusual. Normally I'm the most talkative. I was heading to my next class when someone bumped into me dropping all my books. They didn't offer to pick it up or any thing. They just sneered and kept walking.

I felt my anger bubbling again and suddenly i looked down to see claws where my hands should be.

"What the fu-" I start

"Cassi!" My friends ran over quickly taking me outside.

My vision blurred and all I remember is the scent of blood, and the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I raced through the forest.

What was happening?