Chapter Six

Y/N stared at Jack for a moment, before replying.

"It's on, Frosty."

"Alright. Let's make teams."

Y/N pointed at Pippa. "You're on my team."

Pippa walked over and stood next to Y/N, looking excited.

Jack knew exactly who to pick next. "Jamie."

Jamie walked over to Jack, giving him a high five.

"Surprise surprise." Y/N teased.

Jack stuck his tongue out at Y/N. They continued sorting teams. Y/N had Pippa, Cupcake, Claude, and Monty, while Jack had Jamie, Caleb, and Sophie. (Jack had one less because he was, well, Jack Frost.)

They established the sides, and got ready.

"Alright when Jack calls, that's when the game starts. Get ready and brace yourselves."

The kids nodded at Y/N.

"Anyone know Jack's game strategy? I need to show him I'm not going down easily."

"Not really. He's all over the place." Claude said.

"I should of known. He's Jack."

The kids laughed, but ceased immediately when they heard Jack's call.

"Alright let's go!" He yelled.

Y/N immediately took to the skies, scouting out Jack, who was gliding through the trees, looking for her. With a snowball planted firmly in her hand, she silently followed and waited for him to stop. When he did, she took aim, and fired. The snowball hit Jack right in the back of the head.

Y/N couldn't stifle a laugh as she stood on a tree branch. Jack whipped his head to the sound of Y/N's laugh and threw, missing by a few inches.

Y/N paled as she realized she didn't have another snowball. She quickly took off, flying a few feet away, and planted herself on the ground, making a snowball as quick as she could. She saw a snowball fly past her head in another direction, and a muffled 'ow'. She looked over to see Jamie with snow in his hair, and an amused Pippa.

"Nice throw Pippa!" She cheered.

She felt a snowball hit her arm and looked to find Jack, smiling, and a snowball in each hand. Without hesitation, she threw. It hit Jack square in the face.

A loud laugh erupted from Y/N, and Jamie joined in.

"I've never seen anyone hit Jack in the face before!" He laughed.

"I'll admit, I have good aim!" She said.

Jack threw two snowballs, one hitting Y/N's forehead, and another hitting her chest. It was his turn to laugh.

While Jack was distracted laughing, Y/N fired an arrow from her bow, that lodged into the tree behind him. The force of the arrow slightly shook the tree, in turn, making all of the snow that was piled on the pines fall onto Jack.

"Hey, no arrows!"

Y/N playfully stuck her tongue out at Jack.

Even though Y/N landed a few good hits, she lost. Badly.
________

Although they shared a day of fun, for a week, Y/N was spaced out, not talking to the guardians. She ignored all of them. Especially Jack.

She buried herself in her work again, still flying around fast- just fast enough so the Guardians couldn't contact her.

No matter how much they tried, they couldn't get to her and even speak a single word to her. She was simply too fast. One minute there, gone the next.