Normal. I think?

Demi pov

I thought with having the locket in my grasp things would have started happening to me. So far (roughly two weeks since the announcement) nothing is going on. My parents told me not to tell anyone, not even my best friends Adrian and Chelsea. They are twins and my best friends. I wonder how they forgive each other after explosive fights.

Anyway, since there is nothing unusual, I go on with my Friday routine for after school. Homework, ice cream, movie with Adrian, Chelsea and Ruby (She does not like me very much and I have no clue as to why that is) and then a reading session with my tab and my wattpad app.

Today though, as I am walking to go and get the ice cream (eat half and save half for the movie later). I am aproached by a tall, blond lady. She could be a model, i mused. She looked at me with disdain in her eyes and asked me if I knew where the mall was.

'Are you new here?' I asked her

'Whats it to you?' She said like that was the last place she wanted to be and I was the last person she wanted to see which if you ask me does not make sense since i didn't know her until two minutes ago.

Since I was on my way there (I prefer to buy ice cream from the mall instead of a small shop nearby, sue me), I told her that I could take her there. I tried making small talk but she was not up to it I suppose since she kept her answers a maximum of five words. She did study my face though, as if I were a painting and she was critisizing it (my face).

Halfway to the mall, she opened up and told me her name. It is Carrie. She also started taking a sudden interest in me. She asked me questions about my life, my friends, family and other personal things. I did not understand how she just got from not wanting anything to do with me to someone who thinks my life is as facsinating as if I am a celebrity she is seeing up close.

At the mall, she offered to take me to go for my ice cream (she had asked me why I wanted to go to the mall). I was ok with it so we went, sat down, ordered ice cream and sat down chatting like two friends that have not seen each other for so long. Then she asked a most unusual question:

'What type of jewellary do you own?'

I know I am being paranoid but i cant help but feel like she knows about the locket. I told her that I am not into jewellary so I dont know much. She just nodded as if nothing akward had happened but my mind was racing, why such a question? was it really a normal question that she asked people or did she know about the locket?

Nothing else happened as we paid for our ice cream. I also bought a Big bucket of ice cream for movie night and then said my goodbyes to Carrie. She insisted on having my fone number so I gave it to her and she went shopping for clothes as I exited to go home. 

As I was nearing home, I wanted to get my school student card which is in my purse. I honestly dont know why I wanted to get it  but something was telling me to remove it and my purse. I reached to get my purse from my jean pocket and it dawned on me that I had just been robbed!