"Yeah, Soos should be here soon." Wendy nodded to the twins and flashed a smile.

Dipper smiled in return. "Okay, then let's go. I'm thinking of checking out the forest boundary today. Maybe we can find one of the creatures that try and get into town or something," he suggested, walking outside and onto the porch. Mabel followed them out, yelling a farewell to Grunkle Stan before shutting the door again.

Soos came up to them soon after they started on their way, panting heavily. "Dudes! I'm . . . here. I thought you were going . . . . to go without me!"

"Hi, Soos! We were just about to wait up for you near the forest. Ready for an amazingly spectacular mystery hunt?" Dipper greeted with a grin, pulling the journal out from inside his vest. "This is going to be great. It's been so long since we all went looking for monsters together."

"And romance!" Mabel added, suggestively prodding her brother in the side.

"No, not that," he frowned, scooting away. "But this is going to be fun! We'd better hurry up and get there so we can make the best use of our time. I have a really good feeling about today . . ."

"Me too," the chubby man beamed, holding up a large bag. "And I brought snacks! Anyone want some corn chips?" He stuffed a few in his mouth, talking when it was full. "No? More for me!"

Well, at least he's enthusiastic, the tween observed, turning back to the rest of the group. We're gonna be fine. And plus, I can actually think for myself! Bill's not here. I think.

"Last one to the forest is a grumpy old grunkle!" Mabel announced, taking off in a flurry of giggles.

"Hey! Not fair!" Dipper cried out a protest, running to catch up.

"Wait for me!" Soos tagged on behind them, very slow in comparison.

The twins didn't hear, too caught up in their game. They both sported large grins, happily competing with each other. Dipper could already feel that the day was definitely going to be amazing.

Wendy laughed and sped past the twins. "Haha! I won!" She giggled and ruffled Dippers hair."You lose!"

Ooh, mystery hunting. I think I will enjoy watching this. Bill's voice returned once again in Dipper's head.

Dipper playfully ducked away from her, stopping near the trees. His twin and him had tied for second. He would have said something in reply if it wasn't for the intruder in his mind, diverting his attention from the others for a moment.

"No, Soos loses!" Mabel laughed loudly in the background, playfully tackling the man.

"Oof!" the male employee exclaimed. "But dawg, I don't want to be a grunkle! It's too much responsibility!"

"Grunkle! Grunkle!" the girl chanted, making Soos dramatically flinch, frowning at the idea.

Dipper glanced away towards the forest, his thoughts a whirlwind. Bill? You're back? Why did you leave? Why show up now? Were you mad at me? I said I was sorry. I said —

Oh, shush. I just went to take care of some business. And no, I'm not mad anymore, so don't make me mad again. I wasn't bluffing, quite a few demons owe me . . . and humans. Anyway, I'm here to watch the show! Your mystery hunting will be a mess!

Bill laughed. He knew that it was going to be a mess-an entertaining mess.

If you say so . . . Dipper responded, feeling both uneasy and excited by the demon's comment. He then looked back at his small group, calling them over.