Chapter 4

Hey! I kind of gave up on this story partially because no one really reads it or gives me feedback but I'm just going to upload for the heck of it. I already have the whole story but I just don't think anyone enjoys reading this T^T

Anyways, for the few of you who are reading, here you go(:

I got ready for bed, praying that I wouldn’t have any weird dreams that night. I was sixteen years old. These dreams should’ve stopped by now right?

            Wrong. I was warped back to the familiar place. I started to name it The Fields because of the green scenery and the tall long grasses that resembled grains in a field.

            As usual, the shack was just a couple yards away. And of course, I found myself going through the motions of walking into the shack and finding the wolf looking at me. The same story was actually getting a little bit tiring. I carefully back up to the wall so I wasn’t near the wolf and I continued around the wall till I was on the opposite side. A single window looked out into the open fields and conveniently there was a small bench where I propped myself down.

            The wolf shape-shifted into a child and walked up behind me. He copied me and sat down right next to me. I flinched a little and I felt the child/wolf’s unease. He scooted a little away from me as if trying to give me more room. He stared out the window, his eyes looked as if they saw more than what was out there. The child itself was physically young and childlike but when I observed more closely and clearly, the child’s eyes seemed to be aged and knowing.

            Suddenly, the child caught me gazing at him and turned to look at me. There was an old familiarity in his eyes but I couldn’t exactly match the eyes with its name. “Do I know you?” I asked.

            The child looked back at me curiously. I asked again in a calming, mollifying voice. “It’s okay. Don’t be afraid.”

            The child finally nodded up and down. “Who are you then?”

            The child seemed to be frustrated. It seemed as if he wanted to talk but there was something stopping him. But before I could continue on this investigation, I felt something pull me back. I looked behind me but there was nothing there. The feeling of pulling was still behind me. I realized then that I was waking up. I wasn’t ready to go yet. I had to know about this child. How did I know him or how did he know me? The familiar feeling of falling came afterwards and I was rushed back into reality.

            The dream must’ve been a lot longer because when I looked out the window, the sun had already risen and the birds were already up, singing and flying around the neighborhood. A screamed interrupted the bird’s orchestra of cheery tunes. It came from downstairs. Mom, I instantly thought. I jumped off my bed and ran downstairs. The scream pierced the quiet morning again. The kitchen. I skittered across the hard wooden floor and found my parents at the morning table with a letter in their hand.

The results.

My dad came up and put an arm around my shoulder. “Congrats Jules,” he said smiling, wet eyes full of pride. “I’m so proud of you.”

            That could only mean one thing. I made it. I really made the almost impossible test. For a second there, I wasn’t sure if I heard right but they showed me the letter. It said I made it alright. My mom was sobbing now, the table cloth was getting all wet and…snotty.

            “My baby. You made it,” she said spilling more salty tears.

            I stood there motionless. How could I have made it? I would leave everything in my life tomorrow and start anew. I couldn’t even grasp the fact that I even passed it. My legs must’ve gave up on me because the next I know it my dad grabs me, pulling my dead weight.