"Can you shift?" I asked and he shook his head no and bit down on his lip turning those eyes away from me.

"Well that's enough of that for now. How about that food and a good night's rest?" I said standing and taking hold of Mareck's hand.

I took him to my kitchens and made us soup. I didn't want to give him anything too heavy as he looks to be malnourished a bit. I'd gradually introduce more solids in his diet later on when his body can handle it.

"Master?"

"Please don't call me that. Call me Venom or Ven" I said a bit sharply but I hate that title.

"Oh... um... ok. I just wanted to say thank you... for everything" Mareck says looking at his lap.

"I'm sorry for speaking like that to you. I just hate that word. We are mates and you get to call me by my given name" I say softly.

Mareck blushed slightly and began eating his soup again.

"Come, you can sleep with me... uh if you want... um I mean yea... it's totally up to you... hehe... but I'd like it if you did... ah, sleep with me...yea" I rambled and added an awkward "no pressure" to the end.

"I'd like that too" Mareck whispered while he blushed and I took him up to my bedroom. I am so happy I've never brought another into my bedroom, my mate being the first lover I'll ever have in this intimate space.

"Sleep. Tomorrow we'll go to the shops for clothing and other things that you'd need" I mumbled as we lay awkwardly side by side. Ever heard the saying you could cut the tension with a knife? Yea, that was us until Mareck sat up on the bed.

I watched as he had an inner struggle and then he looked at me, cheeks rosy red and he crawled close to me, his head on my chest and his arms went around my waist.

I sighed into his embrace and cuddled us closer, breathing him in and my panther purred in delight.

"Bonne nuit M-" I jostled him a bit knowing full well he was going to call me master but he smiled slightly and whispered my name.

"Good night mate" I whispered pressing my lips to the top of his head.

Mareck soon fell asleep while I laid awake contemplating different ways I could make him my mate once and for all and other ways to get him out of Hell's Pit.

A/N

Hi guys. Another chap here. Pride and Possessing Sydney's Heart will not be updated this week. But I've begun a book of shorts of sorts. It's called Flash Fiction. It'll be a book containing stories about 2000 words or less.

Don't forget to vote and comment