Chapter ↯ 01

A sudden flash of light went through the skies and snapped me out of my thoughts, which contained a lot of curse words because of the merciless rain.

I stopped running and looked up with confusion and a bit of worry. I was extremely late to the gathering for the internationally known turn on of the particle accelerator, so I could suppose that it was already running. But still, I had to go to the labs to meet with Doctor Wells and congratulate him on his creation that was still - in that moment - working fine. How I knew that? It was because no sound ('boom' sound, I mean) was made.

But this, this was a bit upseting.

My eyebrows closed in together as a huge storm cloud formed in-front of me, right above S.T.A.R. labs from where a spear of light flashed up and then vanished.

My eyes wide, I saw flashes of lightning in the storm clouds, which were coming nearer and nearer by the second. My breathing heavied as I quickly took out my laptop from my bag, going straight to calculating my options.

When a cloud-to-ground lightning channel forms, it is going to strike the ground where the opposing charges are greatest, directly underneath the storm's most electrically active region. Which, according to my friend (the computer) is right about... here.

Frantically, I looked up at the thunder-clouds and again down to my calculations.

Being outside while a storm is accuring wasn't smart, but I would probably get struck even if I was inside - considering the massive strenght of the bolts. So they were definitely powered by a huge power source - it must have been the accelerator.

Something went wrong with it.

But I had no time to dwell on that thought, because I had to get away at least 500 feet, fast.

But when my feet moved to make that distance, a searing light flashed and by the time I looked up and turned around, it hit me. I felt like I was being electrocuted over and over again.

I tried to shout, but I was paralised, and with a large amout of my strenght, I put up my hands, as if to protect myself from the lightning.

I felt it search and explore me, before I somehow took it in and closed myself up from the rest of it. I fell to my knees, my hands still up and shaking, but as I opened my eyes with the last bit of my strenght and will, the storm was completely gone.

The last thing I remember before fainting on the wet pavement, was a flash of something that contained a young man calling my name and then the darkness took me in.

↯ ↯ ↯

9 months later

"Yes, Olly, I'm fine and yes, I'm sure," I said, my left hand holding the phone and the other holding a box full of small ornaments, which were surprisingly heavy.

"What are you doing? You're breathing like a horse," the male voice on the other side vibrated into my ear. His tone was humorous, but it held a hidden worry under the mocking surface. My lips formed a small smile at his concern, but my eyebrows furrowed at the choice of his words. Finally reaching the end of the hallway, I put the box on the nearest table, next to the radio which was currently playing Artic Monkeys.

"Nothing much. Just moving stuff around. I never thought decorating would be so hard!" I mock-groaned and heard a small chuckle coming from the phone. Or, better said, Starling City. I went back out the door, opening the car and then taking out the last box, closing the door with my leg.

"And you? You still sound so hoarse, I really think you have a vocal problem. Remember, I already booked an appointment at the doctor's for next Tuesday. Please try to show up."

"Altesa, I was tortured and nearly killed, while I was stranded on an isolated island for 5 years. I think my vocal chords are going to be fine."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just don't come crying to your favourite hacker when you'll have to get your vocal nodules removed," I smirked and put the box I was holding on top of the previous one. Out of habit rather then out of need, I brushed my hands against eachother, signaling that the moving part was over.

Oliver chuckled and I could just see him when he said; "Believe me. I won't."

"Mhm, sure. Olly, I would love to talk to you some more, but I got a lot of boxes to unpack."

"Of course. Wait, what about Doctor Wells? Has he contacted you since the.. accident?"

I sighed and ran a hand through my dark hair.

"Yes, he called me a thousand times and he left me eleven mails. Eleven, Olly! I want to work for him, I really do, but.."

"But you are scared that someone will find out about you."

"Exactly."

"Look, Ally, if I was in your place I would accept the offer. I mean, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Plus, you can't stay hidden forever."

"Coming from the man who hides behind a bow and a cape."

"I'm serious, Altesa."

"I know," I closed my eyes in tireness - decorating was hard. "But, Olly, I'm scared."

"You don't have to be. You got amazing powers and you're the best archer I know."

I smiled, my heart warming up entirely.

"Really?"

"Really. Now go on decorating that silly apartment of yours."

"It's not silly! It has a city view, it has a private par-"

"Parking spot for you car, which is made as an elevator so you don't have to walk a meter more than necessary and it came with an amazing discount - 55% off! Ally, I know."

I started laughing and shortly, Oliver joined in.

"I love you, Olly."

"I love you, Ally."

Right before he hung up, I yelled in laughter: "Remember! Next Tuesday!"

Still laughing softly, I dropped the phone on the couch and took my laptop in my hands. I opened my mail, clicked on Wells' message and took a deep breath. Then I re-read the already written answer I wrote two days ago and slowly clicked 'send', releasing my breath.

It was done. The next day, I was going to work at S.T.A.R. labs. But until then, I had some boxes to un-pack.

___________________________________

Ugh. It's done!
I hope you liked it!

Xoxo
↯Alexandra↯