Castaway

Jason awoke groggily, pressing his eyes shut as his senses came rushing back to him.

First the smells - the unmistakable smell of the ocean, the damp scent of the post-rain, and woodsmoke.

Then the brightness. It was all so bright, and his eyes strained to open, pupils dilating as much as they could handle. Bright light flooded into his eyes, temporarily blinding him, before revealing a clear blue sky, sand beneath him, and the steady lapping of waves against the shore.

Finally, the feeling kicked in. Jason doubled over, holding his head as a sudden wave of nausea overtook him, making his head swim. Tears threatened to push out of his eyes as he could feel the headache subside.

God, what happened...

Jason propped himself up, taking everything in. There was a thick jungle in one direction, tall leafy trees protruding out into his field of vision. In another, ocean, as far as his eyes could see.

Hm, no docks...

Finally he looked back behind him, finding a small package bound tight by a small amount of duct tape, a manila envelope resting lightly on top.

Jason began moving forward to the box, trying to keep upright against the unfamiliar feeling of walking on sand. When he finally got to the box, he saw the envelope had one word, simply stating,

"Jason"