"Let Her Be"

When   the cat next woke up, the patrol was no longer dragging her, but she could smell and feel many cats around her. She pulled her paws under her, unsure of any of the scents.  There were murmurs all around her.

"Who is it?" one cat asked.

"Some rouge- I heard she put up a fight, but kept passing out." another responded.

"Wonder why she's here." said a third.

" I don't know, but I'd rather know what Stonestar's gonna do with her." mewed the first.  Maddie smelt a large tom coming towards her. Scrunching her neck, she waited.   

"What's this?" a powerful voice boomed.

"We found this rouge on our land, she wouldn't leave, but then she passed out." she heard Nettlestrike explain.  Stonestar came closer.

"Get out of here, all of you! Let her be!" Stonestar demanded. At his command, they dispersed. He started walking towards Maddie again.

"Hello." he mewed. "What were you doing on our land?" he asked forcefully.  Maddie hesitated.

"Please- I didn't mean to cause trouble. But I have to go!" she replied.  Stonestar sharply exhaled.

"You're not going anywhere till we settle this." he said. "So, what were you doing here?" he repeated.

"No, I have  to go!" Maddie pleaded. "Please!"  But Stonestar wasn't goin g to let that happen, and she knew it. She heard a cat coming up behind her. Nettlestrike!

"Here, I'll make her shut up!" he said, and hit her on the head again.  She slipped out of consciousness once more.