45.

chapter forty-five ; despite everything

_________________

Around six in the morning, Natalie rushed over to Caitlin's house to make a special breakfast for her special day. The two girls sat on the bed, reminiscing on their childhood as they ate the Belgian waffles the younger cousin had made. "So," Natalie started between bites, "You nervous?"

Caitlin smiled to herself and snuggled against the crumpled blanket, "Not at all. We've been through so much and I've lost him already. I'm never going to let him go again. But there are other reasons that I'm scared today." Natalie nodded her head in agreement. "Did you talk to Barry at all last night after our little conference call with Wells?"

"Yeah I did. He's scared too. We all are." Natalie sighed, "But.. that's another reason to have this wedding today. To show that even through the dark, something good can still shine through, to make it through all of the hardships, and come back stronger."

Natalie spent her day checking up on Barry and seeing how far Ronnie and Cisco were coming along with their tasks. By eight o'clock all seemed to be well and Iris had arrived after an early shift at work to do Caitlin's makeup and hair while Natalie went to the cake shop to pick up the cake. As Natalie carefully carried the cake through the halls of S.T.A.R. Labs, she sighed in relief when Ronnie took over and carried it the rest of the way to the fridge.

"There," he announced as he carefully closed the fridge door. "Now, Natalie," he started as he slung an arm around his cousin-to-be and lead her to the Cortex. "See what I have done." The brunette smiled to herself as she saw a string of pale pink streamers strung across the ceiling, a table showcasing pictures of Ronnie and Caitlin, and a board for everyone to write a message on. "Nice and subtle for Cait. Think she'll like it?"

"She'll love it, Ronnie. This is perfect," Natalie answered as she looked at all of the pictures.

Ronnie's smile brightened even more as he headed over to the computers, "Oh and since the wedding is going to be outside, Cisco helped me figure out a way to get a song to play outside when the ceremony happens."

Natalie nodded her head as she checked her phone, "Okay, everything is on schedule. I have to get back to Caitlin's house and get her ready so I will see you when you're about to become a married man!"

~~~~~

Natalie and Iris bustled around Caitlin in one of the spare rooms, putting the finishing details on Caitlin. Only a few more minutes before she would become Mrs. Ronnie Raymond. The brunette stood beside her cousin in the mirror in her strapless, short and flowing yellow bridesmaid dress.

"There," Iris said as she stepped back and admired Caitlin, smiling proudly at her work, "Your hair and makeup is all done."

"Oh wait!" Natalie shrieked as she rummaged through a bag and pulled out several pieces of things hidden to Caitlin, she handed something to Iris, who smiled at the object and moved behind Caitlin's head, presumably putting the item in Caitlin's hair. Iris stepped aside as she let Natalie place a necklace on her cousin and handed her a pair of matching earrings.

Caitlin smiled brightly as she looked at her reflection. Her eyes already pooling with emotion, speechless at the tender moments.

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue," Natalie mumbled through her smile as she and Iris held each others' hands, proud of Caitlin. "The something old is the hair comb. It used to be grandma's but I 'accidentally' misplaced them in my ripped teddy bear during Thanksgiving in '05."

Caitlin laughed at the small story and nodded her head, "Yeah I remember. It was also the same day that grandpa accidentally dropped his dentures in the mashed potatoes." Iris formed a small face of disgust at he last part."