44.

chapter forty-four ; the final verdict

_________________

The two cousins were sat on the floor amidst a pile of scattered notebooks, journals, magazines, tablets, Snapple bottles and empty packages of chocolate truffles. Natalie smiled at the familiar 'pop' of the cap when she twisted it off, the sweet taste of kiwi-strawberry putting her back in a happier mood as the two girls sorted through things. Caitlin huffed as she watched her cousin, "Remember it's just gonna be simple. No chairs, no aisle, no band, no-

"-no big guests or fancy reception. I got it. Jeez, you'd think I don't know how to plan a wedding," Natalie said before she scribbled down some names of dress stores, a red marker placed in her mouth as she switched it out for the pencil.

"You don't know how to plan a wedding," Caitlin mumbled.

Natalie stopped writing, the marker falling from her mouth as snapped her head up, "I've been planning both of our weddings since we were eight."

Caitlin furrowed her brows, "Why mine?"

"Because you were too busy playing with your chemistry set."

Her cousin glared at her before peeking over at what Natalie was writing, "Oh, I already have a dress. I bought one before the particle accelerator blew. I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it afterward.. but I guess it's a good thing now."

Natalie moved her pencil tip roughly across the paper, cringing as she heard it rip through the page, "You're supposed to tell me these things before hand, Cait. Anyways, that's probably better. You like the dress and we'll just get it tailored. Now go call this number and schedule an appointment."

As her cousin walked away, the brunette opened another box of chocolate, her mouth open ready to scream when, in a gust of wind, the box had disappeared from her lap.

"Watcha doing?" Barry asked as he sat in the chair in front of her, popping a chocolate truffle into his mouth.

Natalie pushed herself off of the floor, walking up and snatching the box out of his hand to take back her comfort food, "Wedding planning."

Barry leaned back as he placed both of his hands behind his head, "We don't have to get married to have kids, babe. It doesn't matter which order we go in. But to be honest, I don't think my dad meant he wants grand kids now. And Joe certainly won't be too happy about 'little Allen's'-"

The brunette paused herself, the truffle hovering in front of her open mouth before she closed it, "Sweetie, the wedding isn't ours. It's Caitlin and Ronnie's." Barry looked confused at the new information before he let out a small laugh.

He scratched the back of his neck, smiling to himself as he watched her concentrate on planning, her nose scrunching whenever she read something. Barry shifted himself off of the chair and crossed his legs as he sat on the floor beside her, resting his head on her shoulder, "Are you ever gonna tell me?"

Natalie rubbed at her nose, trying to scratch an itch and unintentionally smudged the black marks on as she did so, "Barry to be honest, I don't care what order things happen in. I love kids and I love you but I don't think now is really the right time-"

"Nat." The brunette snapped her head towards Barry, who laughed upon seeing the marks on her face. He chuckled as he used his sleeve to wipe them off, earning him a kiss from his girlfriend. "Nat, I wasn't talking about kids and marriage..but if you want to talk about that.." The speedster took a deep breath as he struggled to spit out the question, knowing fully well how hard it was for the brunette to answer in the car, "Natalie," he started as he took her hands and lowered his voice, "I need to know what you think I should do. I've spoken to Joe, my dad, and Iris, but you haven't told me. I can't make this decision without my whole heart in it, and you have my heart.."