Chapter 5- The Chase Is On

Start from the beginning

London’s POV:

                “Yep, ladies this car will need to stay in the shop for a while but there’s a rental center in the next block. I can drop you guys off there,” the mechanic informs us after finding us on the side of the road. Thankfully he brought us into town.

                “No, thanks we were coming into this town actually we’ll walk from here. Again thank you,” Avery says.  With that we make our way to the mall which is only around two blocks more into town. It’s a nice quiet stroll until we arrive at the mall and even though it’s Tuesday the stores are bustling with business. “How about we hit the beach later?” Avery asks recalling this town is on the coast.

                “Sure, I’d like that. Maybe we can crash a bonfire,” I tell her.

                “Hoodie still smells of the beach bonfire!” we exclaim together recalling Ed Sheeran’s Sofa. People give us weird looks but we could care less.

                “Avery! London!” we hear someone calling our names. We turn around and find one of the richer girls that go to school with us. I say student because we don’t really talk.

                “Hey guys,” she says when she’s standing in front of us.

                “Uhm, hey…..” I trail off not remembering her name and feeling guilty since she knew ours.

                “Oh, I’m Katya,” she introduces herself.

                “Hey Katya,” Avery pitches in to which she laughs to.

                “I was going to ask you guys if you wanted to come with me and a couple of my friends on my boat to the next city over,” she says seeming shy all of a sudden.

                “Sure,” I say as I decide that I like Katya. She’s not stuck up like I thought she’d be. I look towards Avery to see if she says otherwise.

                “Yeah, I’m up for it,” and with that Katya leads us out of the mall and to the parking lot towards her tinted Hummer.

                “Nice car,” I comment as we drive towards the ferry where her boat is loaded and her friends wait. Wow, she has a boat. I wonder if I should buy one, yeah I may not be richer than these kids but that’s by choice. I happen to be richer than my parents since my grandfather, the only person who gave a shit about me, made me sole heir to his business. He owns one of the major fashion business in the industry to which no one know who’s going to take over because I’ve kept it on the down low. The only one that knows is Avery, which is why I didn’t care to spend my parents’ money as I can pay it back in a flash and ten times over. I’m just not that type of flashy person. I mean I don’t even have a car I just rather ride with my bff.

                “We’re here,” Katya exclaims as we park at the private parking lot. We walk down the dock and she stops at a majestic looking contraption. Avery and I both look up in awe.

                “Wow,” I say to which Katya laughs and lead us on. I have a feeling Katya is that type of cheery person but not the obnoxious kind which I’m cool with. Inside we come across three other girls that I’ve seen in school but never really talk to. The first one was a girl of average height with long brown hair cascading in waves over her chocolate brown skin opposite Katya’s medium length blonde hair and fair skin with blue eyes to her chocolate ones. Both were very pretty.