Thomas (After The Death Cure)

After finding the real paradise, you and Thomas had been getting a lot closer.

The relief and happiness, mixed with the grief and sadness, has the group of survivors feeling weird. They wanted to appreciate the safe haven and to be carefree, but the reminder of the people that didn't make it daunted them.

Thomas especially. He felt guilt. He missed his friends, and he had lost so many.

Despite that, he had trusted you with his feelings and even laughed every once in a while.

He liked you.

Only you didn't know that.

It was one of those cliché cases where the only person you didn't know was the girl he liked.

Minho and Gally were always teasing Thomas, keeping the air light and joking about the chances of you two dating.

Brenda did the same to you. She always said you blushed every time he was in the room.

"Hey, Y/N." You heard someone greet you, taking a seat next to you.

You were thinking under a large oak tree that you had deemed a good chill out place.

"Oh, hey, Thomas." You smile up at him.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" He asks.

"Not much..." You trail off, feeling the heat rush to your cheeks, the same blush Brenda referred to all the time.

"Sure..." He says sarcastically, but leaves your answer be.

"How're you?" You question calmly.

"Better, a bit nervous." He replies with a little chuckle.

"Nervous? About what?"

"I need to tell you something, Y/N." He states.

Uh-oh... what did I do? You think.

"Okay." You murmur, unsure.

"I really like you, like  a lot." He responds.

"Really?" You squeak anxiously.

"Yeah." He laughs, gently grabbing your hand in his.

"I like you a lot, too." You confess, blushing, again.

"I'm glad, that would have been embarrassing." He smirks.

"Whatever." You scoff, giggling.

You lean your head on his shoulder and you guys talk about your days until the stars come out.

It was finally a happy, peaceful day for everyone, who celebrated the fact that you and Thomas finally admitted your feelings for one another.

***

I'm going to try to be posting on Wattpad more frequently now that I've finished a few (like 10) of these, but I won't be spam posting so they will be spread out through the week(s).

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and being awesome!

Love you all! <3