Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Again I found myself in there living room. I stood by my fathers side and watched as everyone gathered around us.

"Everyone this is my daughter Clairissa." He said smiling down at me.

"Claire you've met Esme I'm sure. That's Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, Bella, Edward, and Renesmee." He said waving his hand to show me who was who.

Alice was shorter then average and had shirt spiky black hair. Jasper was lean and had long blonde hair that reached above his shoulders. Emmett was the biggest of the bunch. He had short brown hair and large muscles that could intimidate anyone. Then there was Rosalie who had long wavy blonde locks of hair framing her angelic face. Next was Bella she had brown wavy hair and was average sized. Beside her stood the boy named Edward who had messy bronze colored hair and stood tall beside Bella. Lastly was Renesmee she had big brown eyes and long bronze colored hair cascading down her back ending in ringlets.

I nodded at them and forced a smile. Most of them nodded or smiled back in my direction.

"This is my family." He said proudly.

I looked up at him trying to control the hurt I was feeling. What about me and mother? Were we not a good enough family? How could he replace us with these...substitutes. I looked at each one of the faces in front of me. Then I turned to my father.

"Your family is lovely father." I told him softly.

"Thank you." He said smiling.

I smiled back trying hard to mask my emotions.

My father had moved on. He had made himself a new family. I was just some child that shared his blood that should have died years ago along with the rest from my time.

"Come let us sit." My father said.

I sat on one of the love sits. Everyone else talking seats around the room. Renesmee came up to me with a small smile but looking unsure.

"Is it alright if I sit with you?" She asked me.

I looked at her a nodded. I might not like her replacing me but that doesn't mean I'm going to be mean. She smiled and took the seat beside me.

I turned to my father who was looking our way seeming happy.

"So why'd you leave?" I said getting right to it.

He sighed and looked down.

"I left with your grandfather and the other men from our village to hunt down demons. I honestly didn't believe we would find anything but I was very wrong. A creature that lived in the sewers came out while we were scouring the streets. It jumped on me and then it felt as if I was on fire. The creature had bit me and I knew I was infected. I hide myself and I stayed there for days. Until a group of elk came by and the bloodlust was to much. I drank from the deer and I knew I had become a vampire. I didn't want to hurt humans. I didn't want to hurt you or your mother. I figured you guys would eventually forget me. Killed on the hunt my reason for death. Anyways after a many years I got my thirst under control, only drinking from animals. But I soon became lonely so I changed Edward when he was dying from influenza. Then Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett. Alice and Jasper found us and Renesmee was conceived from Bella and Edward is her biological father. " He finished.

I turned to Renesmee and she looked at me smiling slightly. I was a little embarrassed to have been mad at her because I thought she was my fathers daughter to.

I smiled back and turned to face my father once more.

"You have been through quite alot and I'm sure that's just a small version of your time these past hundred years." I said to him.

He chuckled and nodded.

"Yes...but I'm curious to where you have been." He said to me.

"My story is nothing like yours. I did nothing as self sacrificing as you father." I said to him.

"Never the less I wish to know what happen." He said leaning forward.

I nodded and sighed.

"When you didn't come back with grandfather mother was devastated. She and I would sit out on the porch at night waiting looking at the stars hoping you would show up. You never did. It got to the point where I would have to beg her to come inside." I said shaking my head.

"I used to listen to her say your name in her sleep. I would pray to god you would come back and save her because it felt as if I was loosing mother.Over the years she changed and one night I got so angry I yelled at her. I told her you were gone and you were never going to come back. I told her to just let you go, that you were dead and that she was wasting her time. She looked at me and for the first time in a long time she looked amused. Smiling and shaking her head slowly. I thought she was going crazy and I left her outside and went to my room. I began to see less of her until one night she came in and she looked frightened. She grabbed me and we began to run through the forest. People were chasing us...." A small tear slide down my cheek.

"We ran to a cabin. And she told me I was powerful that I would so great things. She gave me me a bag, a cloak, and three letters. One addressed to me. The others addressed to you and....Esme." I said looking them in the eyes. Esme looked at me surprised.

"She told me to find my father. That you were alive but changed. Then she told me she loved me and locked me in a hidden space behind the fire place. In the tiny space was a vent. I watched the men burst through the door...and..."I began to cry silently.

"And I watched them stab my mother in the heart. But when they did a white light filled the room then I fell unconscious. When I awoke I found my mothers body....nothing but a skeleton and a worn clothe from her dress was left. I read my letter and I followed my mothers directions. In the bag was a book. A page was marked that said locator spell. I used it to find you. And that's how I got here more or less." I said sadly.

Everyone in the room stared at me. I looked at my father and saw his saddened expression. I watched as Esme reached over and grabbed his hand and squeeze it. It angered me to watch her touch my father. How dare she take my mothers place.