Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I sat on the floor and took a deep breathe. I opened the letter carefully and read the last message my mother wrote to me.

Dearest Claire,

By the time you read this letter I will be long gone. I'm sorry that I am not there to give you this message in person, but my time in this world is over. Though I am not there with you in body, I will always be there in spirit. I could never truly leave you my beautiful daughter. But it was my destiny to leave this world and move onto the next. You are powerful my darling and you have a very long journey ahead of you. There will come times where you feel as if you can not possibly go on. Promise me you will never give up. You are a smart and clever girl I know you will prosper in this life even though I'm no longer there to share it with you. I must warn you that you will come into trouble in the future, but I'm not worried because I know you will face these obstacles head on just like you do everything else. You must be wondering what has happen to cause the events that led to my death. Your answer lies in the bag I left you. Along with the bag is the other two letters. Bring them to Carlisle and Esme. I know that this situation may frighten you, but I can assure you questions will be answered. Again I apologize for my absence. I miss you more than you know. Clarissa I am proud of you and I will love you forever and always.

Your Mother, 

            Anna-Beth

I read the letter over and over. I wouldn't let myself cry. She wouldn't want me to be sad. Once I was finished I folded the letter carefully and sat it aside. I took the backpack and opened it. I found a book and a pouch. I opened it to find a bunch of coins. She had left me money. I opened the book and flipped through the pages. As I looked through them I found it was a book of spells. I found a page was marked by a string.  

"Locator Spell..." I said to myself. 

So my mother was a witch? That would explain the light and the angry mob. I thought to myself.  

I looked over the page and saw that the book said you had to hold your witches amulet and think of the person/ place you want to see most. 

I gathered everything I was taking with me and put it in the bag. I put on the cloak and stood. I turned to my mother and smiled. 

"I promise to deliver your letters and always make you proud. I love you" I said softly. 

I turned to head for the door. I walked outside and into the forest. I pulled the cloak's hood over my head and let my black dress flow in the wind. My hair hung around my face in soft black curls. 

Soon I came to a opening in the trees. I walked out on to this hard rock ground. It had not been there before. Two yellow lines ran right through the middle of it. 

All of a sudden I heard a honking noise. I looked up to see a man in a moving medal contraption. I screamed and jumped out of the way. 

"Stay out of the damn road kid!" I heard him yell from the metal beast. 

A road? I needed to find my father. Deliver the letters and find out what was going on. Time has changed. I wasn't in 1669 anymore. That much was clear.