Chapter 5

Chapter 5

300 years. I couldn't wrap my mind around the concept. That was such a long time. My mother wrote those letters so long ago. She can't possibly think I will find my father after such a long period of time. But I promised I would deliver them and that's what I planned to do. 

Paul drove me into Forks and I asked him to drop me off at the first place I saw. Which turned out to be a place for food.  

"Well I gotta get back to my friends. You going to be okay?" Paul asked me. 

"Yes. Thank you for the ride." I said politely 

"Anytime." He said smiling. Then I watched him drive from sight. 

Once he was gone I began to walk to the woods.  

I didn't know where I was going but I knew that I had to keep going in that direction. It was like I was being pulled by a unknown force. I walked for hours it seemed before it began to pour down raining.  

"Seriously." I said to myself as I turned my head to the sky. I pulled the cloak back on and tried to stay warm and dry. I walked another 20 minutes before I saw a opening in the trees.  

When I reached the opening I found a beautiful 3 story high house. It had many glass windows and it was very open. 

My gut told me to go to the house. I just hope I wasn't brought there for nothing.  

I made my way across the yard and up the stairs. I took a deep breathe and knocked on the door. I heard shuffling and then a soft motherly voice. 

"Who is it?" I took the cloak hood from off my head. 

"Hello. My name is Anne." I lied not wanting her to know my name. 

The door opened to reveal a beautiful women. She had soft carmel colored curls that reached right above her shoulders. She had glistening golden eyes. The women was a few inches taller then me and had a small petite body. She looked at me with confused but reassuring eyes. 

"Can I help you Anne?" She asked me curiously. 

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. What was I to say? Could she even help me?  

The rain began to pour down outside. 

"Here come in dear. I don't want you getting sick." She said letting me in the house. 

The inside was even more beautiful then the outside. 

"Your home is quite lovely Ma'am." I said politely. 

"Thank you dear I designed it myself." She said with a small smile. 

"Now, what can I help you with?" She asked me. 

I stared at the women. Could this women be Esme? If so how could my mother possibly have known her. 

"I'm looking for someone." I told her. 

Her confused look deepened and I continued. 

"A man by the name of Carlisle."  

Her eyes brightened.  

"Oh! You must be one of his patients. I'm sorry dear he is at work. He should be here any minute though. Would you like to wait for him?" 

"Yes please it is quite important." I said. 

"Of Course. I am Esme by the way." She said with a small smile. 

I stared at the women and nodded. 

"It's a pleasure meeting you Mrs.Esme." I said softly.