Happy 118th, Mavis!

{Rewritten}

Meridia woke up to our night, and greeted it as if morning. Wearing her usual outfit, a black sleeveless shirt with black jeans and dark-grey Converse. She combed through her usual unruly hair and brushed her fangs, preparing for the long day ahead. Leaving her messy room, she walked down a long red carpet into the hall which contained Mavis' bedroom. Upon my journey, green shrunken heads yelled out to me.
"Do NOT disturb!"
"Do not DISTURB!"
And many such similar callings, which I just ignored until I came across a door with a small 'M' carved into it. So I knocked on the door and was greeted by the shrunken head.

"Good Morning young Meridia."

"Good Morning Ma'am!"
She 'smiled' a toothless smile and I giggled lightly at my courtesy, not many monsters, especially vampires, were generous to lower class monsters, and if Dad found out... That wouldn't be good for either of us.

"Um, is Mavis in?"

"She was just a minute ago, and so was your father before he left after her, if you hurry you'll catch up to him..."

I opened the door and instantly jumped down the small balcony, into the white mist. I spotted a dark figure flying over the sky and I followed it, finding that it was actually Mavis, who had just landed gracefully, turning back into a vampire.

I looked around to find Dad watching nervously and I backed off Mavis, watching the little 'play' unfold in front of me. First Mavis stared into a dress shop and looked to it enviously, until a human face snapped at her, causing her to back off immediately, which only provoked the other humans out of hiding. I watched deathy nervous, as they shoved garlic bread and fire into Mavis' face. My heartstrings were pulling until Mavis retreated into the night, I watched as Dad slid undetected through the disguised Zombies. Which I started to clap, causing Dad to wince and look to me.

"Bravo! Encore, encore!" I chirped, sarcasm edging my tone. His expression dropped to relief.

"Meridia, please don't tell anyone, I have got to keep Mavis safe."

"Quite an unruly example, but... I love Mavis and I don't want to see her hurt." I admitted and Dad pulled me into a hug.

"Thank-you, honeyfangs."

"Don't mention it Dad."

"Oh and Meridia(Dad pulls away from the hug), Would you mind helping Uncle Wayne and Aunty Wanda with their baggage and their kids once they arrive? I've got to... run some Errands"

I smile and flutter my eyelashes innocently.

"What would you do without me?"

I giggled and transformed into a bat, which caused Dad to wince a bit, so I flew away from him and flew close to where the herce would park.