prologue

It was quite a cold day today for a summer day in the famous city Los Angeles.

I was currently on my way to work on my bike, like every morning on weekdays.
The fresh air felt pretty comforting on my skin, thinking back to the past few mornings, which had been really hot.

I was one of those people that much prefered being cold than sweaty because then I could cuddle with someone or just hide under a warm and fluffy blanket and drink hot chocolate.

I regretted only wearing jeans shorts though because my legs were getting colder than I prefered. Besides my light blue ripped high-wasted shorts I was wearing a plain white top, some makeup and my long dark hair was braided into a fishtail braid.

Gladly I'd also put on a black leather jacket because now it was starting to rain and I was still a few minutes away from the office of the famous website TMZ.

Yes, you heard right,I was working for TMZ, don't blame me. I know that they make up pretty bad shit about celebrities sometimes but they were the only ones that accepted me. They said they liked my photograph and writing skills and they'd love to have me on their team.

That was about a year ago, when I had a really bad fight with my parents because they wanted me to go to university.

As soon as I got the job, I moved out. At first I paid the rent of my little apartement with the money I'd saved all my life but now I can pay it with the money I earn at TMZ. I could still use more money though because I don't really have a lot of spare money left.

But let's be honest, who doesn't want more money?

♡♡♡

As I finally reached the office, I parked my bike where I always parked it and entered the huge building. I slid my card through the card reader and had finally access to my office room.

Normaly my little room was empty, as in only my messy desk and my comfortable spinning chair were in there besides my fake palm tree. Today though, my boss was sitting on my chair and scared the shit out of me.

"Good morning Hailey." she smiled and fixed the black glasses on her nose.

"Good morning Mrs. Hartman. May I ask what you're doing here?" I smiled back at her and she motioned me to come closer and close the door.

"I have a new project for you, and it's a big one this time. If you manage to get us what we want, we might promote you." she said, folding her hands on the desk in front of her.

"Really? What do I have to do?" I asked, already getting excited.

"You've probably heard of that boyband 5 Seconds of Summer?"

"I have but I don't think they're a boyband Ma'am." I nodded.

"Don't ever correct me."

"Sorry."

"Whatever. They're really famous right now and everyone wants to get a good story about them since teens love them." she continued.

"I don't get to where this is leading to." I said, seriously not getting what she wanted me to do. I probably looked really confused.

"It's easy. You just have to get into Michael Clifford's pants and get us a good story."

"What?" I asked even though I understood every word.

"You have to find a way to get close to him and then wrap him around your finger. You always have to keep us updated to where you are so we can get good pictures and be the first ones to write about your relationship with him, it's gonna be great." she smiled, clearly being proud of this plan.

"Okay but why do I have to do this? And why Michael and not one of the other members?" I asked confused.

"We chose you because we thought you could need the money. And because you're their age and you're not that unattractive. First we thought about that Ashton guy but apparently he already has a girlfriend so we picked Michael since he seemed the easiest to fall for someone. So, what do you say?"

"I don't know. I mean I don't really know or like them but no one deserves to be fooled like that."

"He never has to find out. When we have what we want you can just simply break up with him again. Come on Hailey, you're the only one that could do this. We trust you. I trust you."

"Fine."

---

new fanfic ayyyyy

I was on vacation and randomly came up with this plot so I hope you like it :)

tell me what you think aka comment and vote xx

- tori ♡