The ultimate spear

The messy handwriting on Envy's letter travelled through your eyes.

"I have errands to do. I fixed your door. -Envy"

You kept reading it over and over again.

You shrugged, putting on your military uniform. Just as you were etching the cotton blue sleeve up your arm, a loud sound of scraping echoed through your house. You quickly threw the top on, before grabbing the thing closest to you. Which just happened to be a pillow.

Wow, I'm sure no serial killer would have the guts to face someone with a pillow!

Scrap the pillow you thought, launching it across the room. You gently turned the knob of the door, poking your head out to see what the scraping was. You gulped what felt like a million stones in your throat.

(Just imagine the pain of swallowing stones, that's how horrid the experience was.)

You tip-toed over to the door, sliding across the polished wooden floorboards. You took one deep breath in of air, before opening the front door.

You prepared to scream.

When really it was just a kitten. "Aww! How c-" The thing scraping was indeed not the kitten.

It was rather more like five thin spears.

As you outstretched your hand to it, five metal claws impaled your arm. You screamed back into a heap of blood, feeling like a tiger was eating your arm with its fangs. Your eyes quickly darted around, to find a provocative figure walking femininely towards you. "hm.. I wonder if I kill you that Envy will stop being so soft?" Your eyes widened.

She looked like freaking Nikki Minaj or some shit.

You tried getting out of her grasp, but you couldn't. Because, duh, you were impaled. Your eyes spotted a piece of chalk, so you quickly grabbed it.

Just in the nick of time.

You quickly drew a transmutation circle, that made you get pushed out of the roof. The spears, along with it, disappeared from below you. In that instance, you quickly sprinted off, heading for the more densely populated areas. "Shit!!" You breathed, wincing at the pain.

Your shirt started turning purple.

I have to get to the hospital. Now. Otherwise i'll die from blood loss.

That was all that was going through your mind, while you hurried through all of the people.

As you were running, you face-planted into a wall. As you looked up to recover from the bricks impact, you found that the lady was indeed nowhere in the hind of sights.

You couldn't move.

It felt like every bone in your body was being twisted around a pencil sharpener. The last thing you saw from your hazy vision was long blonde hair and an armoured man.

Your brain was too clouded up and stricken to think, so you snapped into unconsciousness.

"Is she waking up?"

"I don't know.."

"Hello? (Y/n).."

"Edward! Look! She's opening her eyes!" A sweet-sounding voice cheered. Your eyes drowsily opened, looking around the cramped room. "Where am-" You squinted, to see the one and only Fullmetal Alchemist on a nearby couch. "Hmph, about time." Edward rolled his eyes, putting his hands with his agitated mood on his hips. "It's been a few days since you've woken up."

Ed walked over near your bed, which was very poor quality just to note. "A few days.. Then... Envy.." You started trailing off in thought, with Edward glancing at you shocked. "WAAIT- YOU MEAN YOU KNOW THAT ASSHOLE ENVY?!" Al restrained his brothers arms, due to him fretting around like an octopus.

"Y-yeah! He's a fri-"

"WHAAAAAT?!" Edward started shaking even more, and boy did that short stuff have a massive attitude.

"Edward, p-please calm down!" Alphonse struggled, and forced him to sit down. Edward grumbled, staring at the wall. "Um.. (Y/n).. I don't think Envy is ever g-going to consider you as a friend, you are very kind, I-it's just he is a bit of a jerk.."

"YEAH, NO SHIT!" Edward raised his fist again. "But.. he.." You trailed off and stared at your hands.

Maybe Alphonse is right. Homunculus aren't supposed to develop connections between humans...

"Anyway, (y/n), please rest. A doctor will be here soon." Still perplexed as to why you were there with them, you couldn't drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey!! (Y/n)! I left something in the room can I-" Envy was ready to kick the door again, before noticing blood marks. "Is that..?" He quickly slammed open the door. "(Y/N)!!" Envy yelled, following the bloody patches.

"I knew you'd come back, Envy." Lust said with a wry grin. Envy went to grasp her neck, but she retaliated with spears. "Sorry, but she is not here." Lust said smugly. "Where is she?!" Lust shrugged. "I just did what you couldn't bring yourself to do."

Envy felt his gut drop inside of him. "YOU B-" Lust kicked him across the room. "She's not dead, the little pitiful human got away." She rolled her eyes, and Envy sighed with relief.

He knew he couldn't surpass his feelings for you, so he just pushed them aside with other feelings. But, he etched to see you. To know that no harm had come upon you. And he hated himself for it, he knew he was gradually falling for a human.

How long until he would come to his senses nobody knew.

(Hello everybody~! Sorry there were no little cameo appearances like last chapter to make it fun.)