*Chapter Fifteen*

"Hey we uh need to talk...now its important" He said looking behind him.

I swallowed before moving aside this could not be good.

"Um this isn't really a good time" I said peering behind him.

"Im sorry but it cant wait" He said coming inside.

I gave in. Maybe he was going to explain the reason he was at dinner with Lyla or the fact that hes been avoiding me. Granted I was avoiding him first because of the kiss and I wasn't sure how I felt and now I now be in... have feelings for someone else. Given that's someone else and I would never work. God I hate my life.

"Im going to the dance with Lyla" He started.

"Ryder its fine. I mean if Lyla makes you happy then-"

"No you don't understand  she-"

"Hello" She chirped coming in the door behind us with numerous shopping bags in hand.

"I have to go" he murmured while Lyla went up stairs with her bags.

"Where did..." Lyla said coming down stairs.

"He had to leave" I told her.

"Oh he'll be back" She smirked going back up stairs.

I was walking back to the living room when I heard a loud thud out side.

I Slowly opened the door to find Zayn on his ass in front of the door.

"Hey Charlie" He said happily with a giddy look on his face.

"Oh God" I said feeling guilty.

"Let me help you" I said reaching down.

"No no no I am mad at you" He said holding up a finger.

"Because I left? Well excuse me for being a little taken off guard" I said raising my voice a little defending my self.

"nahhhh" He said waving his hand. "For ignoring my calls." He said his face turning serious and then back to a sleepy look.

"Did you ever think I could be busy?" I asked and there was a moment of silence.

"Were you?" He asked.

"Well...No but-"

"AH HA I KNEW IT!" He said holding up his index finger again.

"Knew what??" "That I wasn't busy?"

"What?" He said confused.

"Oh my god" I rolled my eyes. "Zayn get up so we can go in side." I said folding my arms. It was cold.

"Fineee" He said like... I don't even know how to explain it. He stood for about two seconds before almost falling again but I latched on to his arm.

"Oh hey Charlie" He smiled. Oh this was going to be a long day. I dragged him through the door and the stairs looked like mount Everest right now

"Come on" I struggled to say while I dragged him up the stairs.

"Your soooo pretty" He slurred with a goofy smile on his lips.

"Oh my God Zayn Pick up your feet!" I breathed a few stairs from the top.

"Your eyes are so brown" He said dreamily.

"Thanks?" I said confused. Ill just take it as a compliment anyways.

"Were going on a trip in our-"

"Zayn!" I whisper shouted covering his mouth as fast as I could because I was supporting the majority of his weight.

I took my hand away from his mouth and made sure he wasn't going to burst in to song again. I have one question for the universe, why me?