A Little Promise (Part 1)

I heard alarm clock went off for the fourth time this morning and I knew I'll be late again. I quickly get out of bed and went directly in the shower. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I put on some clothes that looked pretty decent and went to car. I decided I'll grab something to eat in a cafeteria in our building. I was working at the Barceloneta Magazine in the very center of Barcelona. I loved working there and I was having great time with my co-workers, but my life wasn't really that interesting.

I had a couple of boyfriends before, but I was never really happy. Don't get me wrong, I liked them and I was happy at the moment, but I wasn't the happiest person on Earth. I needed someone that would be happy to see me come home after work and someone who would enjoy just being with me, no matter what we'd be doing.

I arrived only 10 minutes late and my boss was still not in the office, so I had a couple of minutes to talk to my best friend Sara.

We met the first week of my living in Barcelona. We were both looking for a job and we met at our interview for Barceloneta Magazine. We had been best friends since then.

As soon as I finished my café latte my boss came in. She didn't even enter the office, she was already telling us what to do today. She was always a bit hyper and we got used to it. Today I had to research testing on animals. I hated that theme particular. Although I was definitely against it, I thought that that theme was completely overrated and you could read about it in every single magazine, but I still had to do it, so better finish faster and then maybe go on a lunch with Sara.

I finished it quite fast. It was really nothing special, 2 pages of why is testing on animals wrong, as you don't know it yet. Sara had to do something totally better and I was 'jealous', but she still finished it before lunch, so we were headed to our favorite spot in whole Barcelona.

We sat down and started to chat about everything, but nothing particular. When we finished our desert she said that she has something to tell me. First I was totally worried about it. I mean what if she broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years? I changed my mind and stop worrying when she put on her biggest smile and I knew she was either engaged or pregnant.

"Yesterday we went in Brax. He probably reserved like 2 months ago, because it was totally packed and you know how much Brax is always full." she told me and I knew what she was talking about, because Brax was really all time packed and it was really hard to get a table there. It was the most popular restaurant in whole Barcelona.

"So when we finished eating, he just went down to one knee and proposed." her smile got even bigger, I really didn't know how she was doing that.

"OMG, I'm so happy for you. Why didn't you tell me before? Show me the ring!" I was smiling with her. I was really happy about them, because they really were in love and they deserved each other.

She showed me her ring and it was really big and shiny. You could tell that her fiancé was wealthy. Well we weren't that poor either, but we weren't the wealthiest persons on Earth either.

We sat there in the restaurant for another half an hour or so, until we decided it was time to go and I paid for both of us.

We went shopping a bit after our lunch. We both bought a pair of Louboutins and a blazer and headed home.

It was about 7pm when I came home and I decided I'll just order pizza and watch a movie or something. Before I realized it was about 1am and I turned off the TV and just fell asleep on couch.

"I know

Caught up in the middle

I cry just a little

When I think of letting go

Oh no

Gave up on the riddle

I cry just a little

When I think of letting go" woke me up the next morning at 8am. I had hour and a half to get ready, so I went under the shower, where I spent almost half an hour, then I was searching for a dress, I went with classic black dress and red high-heeled shoes. I made myself a cup of coffee and toast with peanut butter and jam. I drove off into a busy morning. I reached out building at 9:30 exactly. When I came in the office I greeted Sara and sat behind my desk. As soon as I sat down phone started ringing and I answered it.

"Hello Isabella!" that was my full name and I hated it from the bottom of my heart. I preferred if people called me Isi, but my boss had to call me with my full name...

"Good morning Clara!" I said with the nicest voice I could handle.

"I have very important job for you today! You'll go to Camp Nou and ask every single player of Fc Barcelona to answer 10 of your most nosiest questions. Will you be capable of doing this? Do you need any help?" I was so excited! I couldn't wait to get there and meet every player! Of course I was excited, I was a Culé and I was proud of it. I watched every game that I could. I totally forgot Clara was still on the phone so I quickly answered her.

"Umm, could Sara go with me? We can work together on that one." I knew she was a Culé too, so I couldn't wait to tell her.

"Well let me see..." I had to wait for a moment and then she said "I guess she can come with you. But please, act professionally." I quickly nodded and it was about 30 seconds later that I realized she couldn't see me.

"Of corse. You can count on us." I answered and she hung up after she said goodbye.