Bittersweet Memories

I was doing fine, I guess. Not a care in the world. I loved everything about me, I loved my life. Society was nice to me. But it's funny how six words can change your life and leave you mortified for a long period of time.

"Whitney, you're getting a haircut today," my dad said with a placid facial expression, as he ate his breakfast. I stroked my tightly curled hair, wondering what was wrong with it.. It's not like it was damaged or anything, it was totally fine. I don't know how my mum conformed into my mum's silly ways.. A haircut? I've never had them before. I've only had a trim before, but I've never cut off more than a inch of my hair. I stared at him as he slowly chewed on his toast. He wouldn't know how precious a black person's hair is. It takes about five years to get it to shoulder length, but luckily I'm three with quite long hair. But since when did a father cut their daughters hair? Isn't that a hairdresser's or even a mum's job? He stood up abruptly and put on his jacket.

"I'll cut your hair when I get back from work," He said before he turned on his heels to approach the front door.

~~~

As I was playing with my barbie doll on the living room floor, I heard A key insert the front door lock. Dad. I ran to the kitchen and hid behind the door for my hair's sake.

"Whitney, I'm home. Let's get this over and done with," he bellowed. I remained behind the door,  holding my breath so he couldn't hear my erratic breathing. The door suddenly moved forward, causing my to look up to my Dad who was filled with fury. He picked me up without saying a word, and placed me on the living room sofa.

It's just a living room sofa, I thought. I closed my eyes tightly; I didn't want to see pieces of my hair fall on the floor. Then somethign freaked me out. Instead of hearing snipping sounds from a pair of scissors, I heard a loud sharp buzz from a shaver instead. I felt it work it's way through my scalp with ease. As I opened my eyes to a squint, I saw long chunks of my hair fall onto the wooden floor. The sound suddenly came to a halt. I slowly opened my eyes fully, and felt my head.. I was bald. My Dad stood in front of me with a smile of satisfaction plastered onto his face, as he held up a mirror in front of me. I looked like the corrupt version of Britney Spears when she had her psychotic moment. I looked absolutely horrible.

"What do you think?" My dad said, as his smile widened.

THE END.

________________

Thanks for reading my short story Bittersweet Memories, it means alot :) So what do you think? This was originally my English homework about a previous childhood experience and my teacher and fellow classmates loved it :) Yes, this is all 100% true, it actually happened to me :) Please Vote, Comment and Fan/Follow me and I promise that I'll fan/follow you back :) Please read my fantasy/romance book 'A Thousand Miles Apart', you'll love it :)

©2013, Whitney-Alexia D. All Rights Reserved. All this work was written by me only and partially edited by my English teacher (I think) If any element of this story seems similar to another story on wattpad, a novel/book or any other ebook website, It is absolutely coincidental.