BONUS CHAPTER: Sixteen Years After

Start from the beginning

"I want to have a normal life, Calvin. That means a normal house with a normal yard and normal neighbors," was all she said and I melted into her wishes immediately. Thus, the house. It's a two story house with an apple tree still growing in the yard and it hell sheds too much leaves in autumn, that I know. I rake those goddamned leaves every fùcking autumn!

The previous vampire King, raking fùcking leaves in the yard!

Yes, if Colton could see me doing that, he'd fùcking laugh his ass off.

Still, it made her happy so it made me happy as well. We managed to decorate the house the way we wanted though we did have a fight about the color of the curtains; I mean, no self respecting man would let the curtains of his house in hot pink! It was a good thing she backed off and bought the dark blue ones instead. It was a long process, me adjusting to the life she chose. It was hard for me without servants and anyone on my beck and call but I managed to adapt as much as I could. I promised Holly a life she wanted and I'm sticking to it.

Everything became even more perfect when Cally came.

Holly and I were sitting on the living room watching one of her shows where you want to pull your head off due to the stupidity of the characters making me have a really bad day when she spoke. "Calvin? What do you want to name our daughter?" She asked out of the blue. I raised my eyebrows at her and sarcastically replied ", maybe a clichèd mix of our names?"

Hey, I was pissed at the show I was watching! You can't blame me for my sarcasm!

Thus, when our little princess came into the world, I couldn't blame her for the name.

"Cally."

I was too busy staring at my princess crying her lugs out, thinking about buying the most expensive rattle I could get my hands on when her words snapped me out of my trance.

"Excuse me?"

Holly grinned at me while tears started forming in her eyes. "Calliope," she said again. "Cally for short. A mix of our names."

Calvin plus Holly.

Cally.

Fùck.

I couldn't even tell her how sùcky her pairing of name is the moment my little baby cried again. And so, it stuck with Cally.

Calliope Annalise Greener.

Why not Campbell? Why not use my last name? Let's just say it's smarter to say that we'll all be safe without my last name even if it was against my will.

Having Cally set my life in a stone and I love the little girl with all my heart. Whatever she wanted, she would have immediately with the snap of her fingers. However, no one could tell Holly or she'll castrate me. I kept my empire in the business world intact; all of the companies I started as an investment came in handy after all. However, it is being ran under the name of Harry Houdini. Yes, crappy name, I know.

For the past sixteen years, a lot may also be wondering what happened to the vampire government. Well, it became a parliament system with Colton as the Prime Minister. The lordship titles are now revoked but lands are still ran by their owners. Colton is now in complete control of Europe which is my dream for so long; thinking back, I realized how stupid it was. I don't need the entire Europe, I just needed one woman. Vampires are now free to roam the world without discrimination, without the social stigma attached to them.

In the end, Aldrich succeeded in his vision.

It was that time, when the vampires declared the monarchy to be over, that I realized I really was the villain. Vampires are now happier and free from the bindings that bound them to their previous lives. Lycans now interact friendlier with our kind with no fear that any self proclaimed monarch are going to shoot them down.