Chapter 10: Viva Madrid!

|HOLLY|

Winchester palace,
March 2015

I woke up the next day feeling sore, nauseated and thirsty. I nuzzled deeper into the soft pillows that encircled me like marshmallows and inhaled the scent of Calvin which made me want to sleep more than--

Wait.

Calvin's scent?

I forced my eyes open and the sight that greeted me was a red satin draping the large four poster bed. The sunlight poured through the open balcony doors and the royal blue wallpapers of the room almost made me furrow my eyebrows. I shifted on the silk sheets as I tried standing up without throwing up anything. The silk ran through my bare skin and realized I was still in my underwear, the same ones I wore yesterday.

The room, was no doubt, Calvin's. From the large space to the medieval design, I'm sure it's Calvin's. I clutched the silk tighter on my fists and snarled at nothing in particular. He moved me? Out of my room? Now he's really invading spaces, I thought bitterly. Isn't this whole marriage because of him proving his mother he's responsible or something? Why would I need to sleep with him too?

Realization hit my like a ton of bricks as I gasped.

Maybe...he wants this relationship to work too?

Oh don't get your hopes too high, Holly. I snapped to myself, bringing all hopes crashing down. In the end, you will always be the one to lose. Keep it together.

I was frowning to myself when Calvin entered the room, looking like a movie star while I looked like a troll. I glanced at him before returning my gaze at the silk sheets pretending to not see him. "I don't know how long you can keep that facade, Holly," he said as he walked to his closet and grabbed a duffel bag and carried it to the bed. "But it better be quick."

Quick my ass you royal bastard, I snarled at him. I remained on my spot, still looking impassive. Calvin filled the duffle bag with God knows what before putting it on top of the bed. "Get dressed," he said and that snapped my attention up to him.

"Why?"

"We're going out."

I raised my eyebrows at that. "I thought you just want to marry me?"

He raised his eyebrows too. "I just did."

"The why are you still taking me somewhere? Isn't this done and over with the moment I walked down the aisle?"

Hie yes darkened and I stared at him. He walked closer and close to me until he is in the edge of the bed, still looking menacing. Without warning, he pulled the blanket off my body and I shrieked, losing the silk in the process. Now, I was bare to him in my under wears and I couldn't feel humiliated at the action. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up but I shook his hand away, trying my best to lose him.

But I didn't.

He pulled me until I was kneeling on the bed, my chest pressed into his and I could feel his breathing. I looked up and was to snap at him but the vulnerable look on him made me stop. "This isn't just some shít I want to just get it over with," he said, using my own words at the altar. "I respect marriages. I respect family. And starting yesterday, you are my family. My wife. I may not love you...yet, but I know you're important to me, Holly."

My breathing hitched as he leaned down and anticipated a kiss. What I got was more intimate than that; he pressed his forehead on mine and closed his eyes, as if sharing something special with me. I stared at the planes of his cheek to his five o'clock shadow. You're mad at the guy, Holly! You're mad at him! I reminded myself and I closed my eyes, willing myself to emerge myself into this small contact before pulling away.