Forever Part Of Our Family

Skylar's POV
It's been 7 months since Heidi passed away. I miss her so much. I miss her voice. I miss everything. It's not the same without her.
Today I went to the cemetery. I wanted to go alone so I can have a  talk with Heidi.
"Hey there sis. How's life up there? I hope their treating you good. I miss you so much and I would do anything to have you back. I love you so much Heidi. Rest well. I'll see you soon."
I put down the bouquet of flowers on her grave. Then I got up and hopped on my bike and rode away. I felt a breeze run through my neck. It's Heidi. All I can do is smile.
A few minutes after I got back from visiting Heidi, I overheard mom and dad mentioning adoption.
What? Why would they adopt a child? Don't I count as their child? Are they forgetting Heidi already?
No.
This won't happen. I just can't let this happen.
I walk into the kitchen acting like I didn't ease drop on them.
"Hey guys." I said as I grab a drink from the fridge.
"Hey honey. How did it go with seeing Heidi?" Dad asked
"Pretty good." I replied
"Sweetie we need to talk to you abut something." Mom said
"Have a seat kiddo." Dad said as he pointed to the chair next to him.
I sat down next to him still acting like I don't know a thing.
"Your dad and I were thinking of going to an orphanage today because we're thinking of adopting another child. But we were-"
"WHY YOU REPLACE HEIDI LIKE THAT?!!" I screamed as I ran off upstairs to my room.
Lea's POV
I knew she was going to say that. She's been taking Heidi's death really hard these last few months.
"I knew we should've waited longer Cory. I just knew she was going to say something like that." I said as I felt tears start to roll down my cheek.
"I'll talk to her okay?" Cory said as he walked over by me to calm me down.
I nodded my head and saw Cory leave to find Skylar.
Cory's POV
I walk up to skylar's room. Her door is open. I walk into her room and knock on her door.
"Skylar? Can we talk?" I asked
I see her sit up on her bed and wipe away the tears.
"Yea sure. I guess.." She replied sounding really upset.
"Listen honey we're sorry we threw all of that at you but we're adopting a child to replace Heidi. We will always love Heidi. No one will ever replace her. Ever. She's forever part of our family. You understand that right?" I explained to Skylar as she takes all of this into thought.
"I guess I did get carried away a little bit and did end up taking everything the wrong way when I shouldn't have. I'm really sorry. I actually think it's a good idea to adopt another child. It might not be the same but I'm sure Heidi would think its a great idea too." Skylar explained as I saw a small smile form.
"It's okay sweetie and yes you are right. Heidi would think its a good idea. We just wanted to come to you first before we went ahead and did it."  I smiled.
"Well I approve." Skylar chuckled.
"Good. Let's go back downstairs. Wanna watch a movie? It's your pick." I asked as we both started to head downstairs anyways.
"Sure. Let's watch Twister." Skylar replied as we walked down stairs to the living room.
"Again?" I chuckled
"Hey! You said it was my pick. So I picked." Skylar laughed
"Okay then." I sighed.
Lea walks in and sees a smile on her daughter's face. She walks over to me and whispers
"Is she okay with everything now?" She whispers in my ear
"Yeah. She's okay." I whispered back
Lea smiles and joins us.
Skylar's POV
Even though that my parents adopting a child is still too soon, I do think Heidi would go with the idea. So I'm gonna go through with it. It could take time for me to get used to the big change but I'll always keep Heidi in my heart. She'll always be my sister. Forever.
I curl up between my parents and begin to watch Twister. The beginning always scares me. When the father gets taken away by the tornado, I hid my face into my father's chest. He rubs my back and tells me it's only a movie. I love my parents so much. I'm such a daddy's girl. Just like Heidi was. We were both daddy's girls. I do wish she was here watching the movie with us. She loves this movie too. We can both sit here and quote the ENTIRE movie. It annoys daddy and makes mom just stare at us and shake her head.

I love you Heidi. I won't ever forget about you. Ever. Your my sister for life.