The Past

I woke up from another nightmare. Ugh I hate bad dreams! Their always about my past. I turn my self over to grab my phone. I look at the time. Not what I want to see. 3:30am. Another sleepless night. I keep on hearing banging noises outside my window. Thunder. I hate thunderstorms. They scare me so much. I hear another but this time lightning struck. It lit up my whole room. I got so scared, I got out of bed and ran out of my room to Cory's room. I'm like a total five year old running to their parent's room cause of a thunderstorm.
I guess I can consider Cory as my dad. Still I actually never had a dad who cares and loved me as much as Cory does.
As I was walking towards his room, I hear someone walk out of the bathroom. It was Cory. He saw me standing near the door.
"Heidi? What are you doing up honey?" He asked half asleep
Then another bang of thunder and lightning lit up the house and I ran to Cory and hid from the storm.
"Aw you afraid of the storm? I'll take you back to your room and I'll sing you something." He said as he picked me up and carried me back to my room
I felt safe.
I nestled my head into his neck and shut me eyes until I felt being put down on to my bed and feeling the covers being placed on top of me. Before he started to sing, I told him about the nightmare I had.
"Don't worry Heidi. Lea and I won't ever let anymore hurt you. Also if you need someone to talk to, come to one of us okay?" He explained as he stroked my hair.
I nodded yes.
Cory then started singing I'll Stand By You. I loved that song from Glee.
I felt my eyes get heavy. I started to drift off. I could hear the storm starting to slow down.
Then I felt back to sleep. I then felt him kiss me on the head and I heard him walk out of the room and left the door cracked.
I love Cory so much.
I can trust him.
He's the daddy I always wanted.
But there's one thing I can't do.
I can't call him Cory anymore.
I'm going to call him daddy. I'll tell him that in the morning. I hope he doesn't get mad that I call him that instead of Cory.
My real dad only wanted me to call him by his first name because he said he'll never be my dad that I was born with. Oh and I'll call Lea mommy too. I haven't really gotten to know her yet in person but I've heard amazing things about her. About the both of them.
Wait a minute. I have an idea. I opened my eyes and grabbed my phone.
I texted Cory.
"Hey daddy. Tht's rite I called u daddy! I just wanted 2 txt u sayin' I want 2 call u daddy & Lea mommy instead. I hope u guys won't be mad.
Well I'm going back 2 sleep.
I luv u guys so much!
Good nite! xoxo"

I watched as the text message was sent. Then not long after, it said he read the text. Then it showed him texting back. two minutes later, I got a message back.

"Hey Heidi. I'm absolutely not mad at u. I can't believe u called me daddy! I'm so glad 2 have u here. Lea is so exited for u 2 become our daughter. She can't wait 2 see u when she comes home. & I can't wait 2 see when u call her mommy. She'll be so happy & proud tht u warmed up to us so fast.
Well I'll let u get back 2 sleep.
I luv u so much Heidi! Mom & I both do.
Nite kiddo <3 :)"

The message almost made me cry. I can't wait to actually begin my life with Monchele. I'm so glad to be their foster kid and eventually become their's officially.