The Start Of Something

In this story, Dan is not a YouTuber, and has never met Phil. This was suggested by one of my followers, so enjoy!

AmazingPhil has uploaded a new video.

Dan scrambled to reach his phone. Homework could wait, Phil could not. Typing in his passcode 7445, Dan clicked on the YouTube app, and got comfy in his bed.

"Hey guys! So today I have something BIG to announce! I hope you'll like this." Dan smiled, excited for what was to come.

"So recently I've been working really close with a company called TourGalore, and they've given me an amazing offer." Dan held his breath. Could it be another meet and greet? Dan would love that. He'd always wanted to meet Phil, but he'd always been too far away.

Oh, and Dan was terrified to meet him.
Sure him and Phil had lots in common, but Phil was practically famous, why would he talk to a loser like Dan?

"They've offered me a chance to meet you guys!! The meet up will be on October 19th, and it'll be held at Grand Local Park. We're not sure what the times are yet, but I'll tweet them as soon as we figure it all out!" Phil said excitedly through the pixelated screen.

"What?!" Dan exclaimed. The park was right by his house, he could easily go. But what about the price?

"Oh, I almost forgot! The event is completely, 100%, free!!! Only a limited amount of people are allowed though, so the first 20 people at the park, will get to meet me!" Dan couldn't breath. This couldn't be real... He could meet Phil, his savor, his idol. He could possibly get to see his stunning blue eyes in person... 'You could meet Phil.'

The thought never left his mind.

~~ 2 weeks later ~~

Dan couldn't sleep. It was the night before the meet up, and he was a nervous wreck. What if he didn't make it in time? What if Phil thinks he's repulsive and ugly? What if Dan does something to make Phil hate him? Dan huffed, and shut his eyes. Everything would be fine. Dan had his alarm set, and his mind was finally at peace.

Beep beep beep. Beep beep beep.

Dan groaned and checked the time. 10:30. Dan sprang awake. The meet up started at 10.

His alarm malfunctioned. The meet up had already started. Dan's heart sank, he had actually thought he'd meet Phil. They could've actually talked, hugged... Tears welled in Dan's eyes.

"No, you're still going to go. Try Daniel, this could be your only possible chance." Dan told himself, getting up and quickly changing.
After he was dressed, Dan bolted out of his house, running to the park. It was only a few minutes away, but it felt like eternity before Dan got there.

When he did, Dan almost died. The park entrance was closed off, people were standing around a tall, dark haired figure.

Dan was too late. Why was he surprised? Of course he couldn't go. He didn't deserve to. Why did he try? Wiping away a few tears, Dan started to turn around and walk home, when someone called after him.

"Sir? Are you here for the meet up?" A voice asked. Dan froze. He'd only heard that voice from his phone or laptop. A voice Dan never thought he'd hear in person. He turned around to be greeted by the sight of the most amazing blue eyes he'd ever seen.

"Um... Y-yes." Dan replied. This wasn't happening. Phil wasn't standing in front of him, smiling a perfect smile. Suddenly, Phil's smile dropped, Dan's heart dropped too.
'It's probably because he saw your face.' A voice hissed in the back of Dan's mind.

"Hey, why are you crying? Be happy!! Come on, smile. I bet it'll make your face ten times prettier." Phil said. Dan blushed. Had Phil really said that?

Obeying, Dan smiled. Phil smiled as well, pulling him into a long hug. "Much better." Phil mumbled in to Dan's ear, causing him to turn a darker shade of red.

"Why are you doing this? I'm not special..." Dan asked, pulling away from the hug. The older man simply smiled at Dan.

"I saw you walking away. It broke my heart, really. And you are special. Don't bring yourself down, there's nothing to be ashamed of either. I'd kill to have your looks." Phil replied, nearly mumbling the last part. Dan was so red by this point, it wasn't even funny.

"But you're gorgeous... And I'm... Plain..." Dan said, looking down. Once again, Phil's arms wrapped around Dan.

"Shhh. You're beautiful, and thank you for the compliment. I don't get that a lot. Mainly the 'you're so hot and sexy!'" Dan laughed at this. Phil pulled away, looking straight at him.

"If you need anything, I'll be here for you. I'll give you my number, and maybe we could talk more? I'd really like to..." Phil asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck. Dan's brain broke. Too many things had just happened for Dan to compute.

"Yeah!!" Dan answered. Phil chuckled and pulled out a maker from his pocket. He reached for Dan's arm, and wrote his number on it.

"There you go. I have to get back, but I meant what I said earlier. If you need anything, just call or text me. I have a sneaking suspicion that this could be the start of a beautiful friendship." And with that, Phil was gone.

~~ Time skip ~~

That night, Dan texted Phil. The conversation lasted for hours, and the whole time, only one thing ran through his mind

'This could be the start of a beautiful friendship'

Ok! I hope you enjoyed that!! I take suggestions, so please feel free to request a fic you'd like me to write! Oh, and I'll hopefully update regularly, but it all depends on how many requests I get.
That's it for now! Bye!!

[Edited 3-26-16]
Lol I did not update regularly