Chapter 17

Your pov

Mostly 3rd person pov

Hey," Lauren whispers. "Hey, buttmunch. Can I tell you something?"
You shake your head 'no'.

"Well sucks," she continues. "Because guess what? To tell you the truth, I didn't think I would ever get you this far," she says quietly, playing with your hair using the hand that isn't hugging you. "I would have never imagined, that you, the one who was afraid to show your face and talk in my house until like 3 years ago, would be standing in front of a recording studio with me, ready to meet with a manager and a talent scout."

"Yeah, me either," you mumble into her neck.
"But hey," she lifts her shoulder, nudging your head. "We made it this far. And I'll be there with you the whole time, and I'm sure Scooter will be too,"

Lauren cheered, wiggling around to get you to move. You pick up your head and look at Lauren, who is looking at you very much like you could be a donut. You have a conversation with your eyes, consisting of you looking scared as shit, and her reassuring you. Lauren softly reminds you of the following.

"I'll be right by your side. I promise," she says earnestly, taking your hands in hers. "I know you can do it. You," she pokes your nose, causing you to smile. "You just have to believe it too, okay?"

"....Fine, let's get this over with," you sigh begrudgingly, but you're smiling softly. Lauren claps and starts walking towards the doors.

Yay!" Lauren's front meets your back, and her arms wrap around your waist. She rests her head on your shoulder and whispers in your ear. "It's not gonna be scary, so don't freak yourself out. A little singing, a little getting to know everybody, simple stuff. But if you do get scared, you can always hold my hand, I'll keep it within reach at all times, okay?"

She waits for you to answer her with a nod before she releases your waist and grabs your hand, leading you up to where Ariana grande!?! was waiting, just in front of the automatic sliding doors. Once you reach Ariana, she takes your other hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze, then shoots an encouraging smile in your direction before walking into the building.

The doors open for you, then close, and you allow your eyes to adjust from being out in the sunlight.

Hi Nancy!"

Ariana shouts at a woman behind the front desk, who looks up from her computer to smile and wave back.

Looking around, it still appears to be a normal, modern, office type building. And it's cold, air conditioning on full blast, rather than the fiery depths of hell that you were wholeheartedly expecting. You shiver, crossing  your arms in an attempt to conserve heat, and see Ariana turn her head to look at you as you wait for the elevator.

Chilly?" She asks with a smirk.

"No," you lie.
"You have goosebumps, idiot," Lauren says, as the elevator dings, announcing its arrival. Ariana tuts at you.

Okay, god, yes, I'm cold," you laugh, as Camila hits the fifth floor button.

"Now, was that so hard to admit?" Ariana asks, shrugging her jacket off and wrapping onto your shoulders.

"You look cute in my clothes," she whispered.
Despite the chill that ran up your spine, you're not that cold anymore.

"Hey, Ariana , could you maybe not fuck with (Y/N) while I'm within a two foot radius? Thanks," Lauren jokes with a fakely snide smile.

"It wasn't fucking, per say, my dearest Laur, I was simply stating factual information," Ariana shoots back, matter of factly, in her British accent. You stifle a giggle with your hand and Ariana bites her lips to do the same. She looks over at you, her eyes gleaming, and her hand finds yours.