The Road to Knowing

The Road to Knowing

By Don Hatfield

Copyright 2013 by Don Hatfield 

Smashwords Edition

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you're reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

Table of Contents

Introduction 

1. God's will for the Christian 

2. The Makeup of Man - Spirit, Soul, Body 

3. The Fall of Man 

4. The Blood of Christ 

5. The Breaking of the Soul 

6. Deliverance from Sin 

7. Deliverance from the Law 

8. Deliverance from Self - The Flesh 

9. Deliverance from Self - The Soul of Man 

10. Deliverance from Self - The Spirit of Man 

11. Walking after the Holy Spirit

INTRODUCTION - THE ROAD TO KNOWING GOD 

To walk with God one must know God. Salvation is given for the eternal life of the believer, yet many after long years of salvation still do not know how to walk with God. 

God stated to His chosen people the Jews (and now us) in Hosea 4:6" my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge....." Could we say the same today? There is an abundance of information available to the believer. There are Bibles of all kinds, books, tapes, videos and many other materials for the believer. Yet it seems that people are still being destroyed because of a, "... lack of knowledge." They are not being destroyed because of a lack of information but because of a "... lack of knowledge..." Christians do not know God in experience. We do not know how He operates in our lives. How He speaks to us. What part of us He speaks to. We do not know how to tell whether the spirit of God is leading us or if we are just following our own whims and desires. God has certain principles that He follows in believers lives. If we are unaware of those principles then we cannot not walk with the Lord. There is much information in the following material. It is only intended as guide for the believer to begin to experience God. Learning the material will not let you know God any more than memorizing medical terms will make you a Doctor. However, letting Him teach in experience the information that is in the following pages will bring the believer much closer to His Father.  

Time would not let me express how many different men God has used in my life but some of the key ones follow. I would suggest that you read their works. Watchman Nee (Living Stream Ministries), Oswald Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest), Andrew Murray (Waiting on God), and A.W. Tozer (The Pursuit of God). I thank God for these men who walked with God and left their writings behind for us to glean from. 

CHAPTER 1 

GOD'S WILL FOR THE CHRISTIAN 

Paul states in the first five words of Philippians 3:10," that I may know Him....." I believe in those five words is the secret of Paul's life. Paul states, "that I..." Paul have set my sights on just one primary goal, the knowing of God. Those five words describe the goal of the Christian life and that goal for us should be God Himself.