Chapter - 4 (Warning from the Queen Bee)

Start from the beginning

“So, that is the reason you are standing here facing me,” He condescended.

I looked around realizing he was true, I was actually facing him while he was struggling naked. I quickly turned around, mortified at myself.

“Just so you know-” I started explaining.

“I think you have seen enough live porn for one day,”He muttered.

“I HAD NO INTENTION-” I yelled with anger.

“GET OUT ALREADY!” He shouted at me.

I ran out quickly, picking up my purse on my. He was right I had seen enough action porn for one day.

                                                                               ***

As I steered along the coast to reach my office, every second man I saw jogging along the sea instinctively I imagined him naked. I was just not shocked by the response of my brain to nudism but also internally humiliated and disgusted.

On my way to my cabin, I made sincere efforts to avoid any interaction with a male colleague. Even when Ryan called out my name, I acted as if I didn’t notice him. Maybe gay but he represented the same male reproductive organ.

I ran into Natasha just before I entered my cabin. Her short blonde locks were tied in a messy ponytail and her bangs were let loose over her broad forehead.

“Dump your stuff and rush for the meeting,” She yelled running towards Ashton’s cabin.

“Where is the meeting room or what- ” I started.

“Right next to Darcy’s office ...” Her voice reached my ears almost as a whisper.

Like she said, I dumped my belongings in my cabin and hustled towards Ashton’s cabin. The meeting room was just a few steps away from it. That arse had designed everything according to his convenience.

 The last night’s soft feelings had evaporated in seconds after the morning’s drama. The idea of seeing him again made me very uncomfortable.

“Morning,” I greeted breathlessly, smiling at the girl preached behind the white desk. She looked up at me with big blue eyes. Her skin was pale as snow, her lips were red as rose, her hair darker than night so the name of my boss’ secretary was...

“Minty,” She introduced herself with a childish enthusiasm. I pouted with disappointment realizing her name wasn’t Snowhite. ”You must be Shanaya Quinn, pleasure meeting you.”

I shook hands with her and then entered the meeting hall.

                                                                       ***

I hurriedly settled at my seat, the boss was nowhere to be seen so I made myself busy with Temple Run. I could hardly concentrate at my game as naked Ashton kept stomping in my thoughs. Nervousness started numbing my sense. I bit my inner lip until the skin came off. I looked up and saw Natasha eyeing me. She shot me darts of questions just through her eyes. What is up with you? What are you doing? Did something happen! What is up with the constant lip biting? I shook my head casually and said a silent ‘noting’. She glared at me with suspicion but finally gave in.