Los Angeles High

Votes/Comments are much appreciated .

*Not edited.

GOOOOOOOD MORNING LOS ANGELES!  IT'SSSS A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY MONDAY! I'M BOOKER AND YOU'RE LISTENING TO 97.1 GIVING YOU THE TOP-40 ALLLLL DAY LONG. NEXT UP IS DEMI LOVATO WITH HEART ATTACK.

I groaned, reaching over to shut off my alarm. I wasn't in the mood to have Demi Lovato screaming in my ear right now.  I laid there for a few minuets. I have to get up sometime. 

It just so happens that I only hit snooze so while I was laying in bed half awake my alarm came blaring back to life. The chorus to "Heart Attack" blasted through my speakers. I don't think I've ever jumped out of bed so fast. I slammed my hand down on the off button, making sure the damn thing was off. I even contemplated unplugging it. 

I looked around my barely unpacked bedroom, and felt dissatisfied . I walked towards my bathroom, I needed to find some towels. I opened up what looked like a closet in my bathroom, ahh there they are. I reached out for a towel when I saw a sticky note stuck to the towel on top.

"You're welcome.  -Mom" 

I sighed. I would have found a towel eventually I grumbled to mysef.

I walked back out of the bathroom and over to a box that had a bunch of my bathroom stuff in it. I grabbed some shampoo and condition, along with my favorite body wash and went back into the bathroom. I stepped inside my shower and looked around. It was definitely bigger than my old shower. Now I only have to figure out how to turn it on. I pulled on a handle and water came flying out at me, of course it was ice cold. I quickly tried to shut if off, but I only turned it scolding hot.

"FUCK!" I yelled, fumbling with the handle till I got it right. 

Once I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and hair and stepped into my room. Literally none of my clothes were unpacked so I was digging through bags and boxes looking for something to wear. Finally I found a pair of black shorts and a grey vneck t-shirt. You would think since it's my first day at a new school I would give a shit about what I look like, but sadly I don't. I found a pair of black flip flops underneath a moutain of boxes. I don't really have a lot of warm weather clothes so I didn't have many options . 

I decided on letting my hair dry natural. I was in no mood to actually do anything with it. I walked into my bathroom and put on a little bit of mascara with some eyeliner. I sighed at my reflection in the mirror, I looked pretty miserable with my half wet hair and thrown together outfit.

I walked back into my bedroom and grabbed my school bag. I bought a new one before we moved and of course it's lavendar.  Looking at the bag made me homesick though. I reminded myself to find a new one asap.

 I walked down the steps and found my mom in the kitchen drinking coffee and playing on her phone. She looked up and over at me.

"Morning Mel." She said smiling.

I didn't respond. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

"How am I getting to school?" I mumbled.

"I'll drive you today but you're going to have to find another way to school sooner or later."

"Okay." I mumbled in response.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Here's your house key." She said handing me the key. 

I pulled my keyring out of my bag and put the key on it.

"I won't be getting home till late so you'll be home by yourself after school most days." She said, grabbing her own keys and her purse. 

"Are you ready Mel?" She called from the front door.