twelve

(Your POV)

It had been about a month and a half since I got my soul tattoo and exactly three weeks since Michael and I started dating. It was amazing to say the least. He was perfect in every single way. He was there for me whenever I needed him and I was there for him. We worked in complete harmony together, always laughing and goofing off, but being serious and intimate at the same time. But there were always one or two things that made things get... awkward.

--

I saw Luke again. It was the day after I ran into him at work. Michael had taken me out to a great fast food place in LA that he absolutely adored going to. Then he said he had a surprise for me. Little did I know, this surprise was taking me to his LA house and meeting the rest of the boys.

The second I walked through the front door, Luke saw me. His eyes grew wide as he tried to make the connections. Things were suddenly so tense between us. He was snarky and rude to me. He would make snide comments at me and I would get so confused. I tried to ask Michael why Luke was acting that way towards me, but he would just shrug and say he wouldn't know.

"Luke can get moody sometimes. I'll talk to him, babe. Just ignore him. He's an idiot," he would tell me every time I brought it up.

On one of the last days before their one week break was over, I was at their house making dinner with Mikey. Mikey was really horny that night (shocker) and tried to take me then and there, but I stopped him. I was afraid he would see my tattoo and I was shocked because we weren't even official at the time. I laughed as I pushed him off me and jokingly told him to go fix himself in the bathroom while I finished dinner. He groaned and mumbled as he stalked out of the kitchen.

Luke had just gotten back from being out all day. His soulmate was with him. It was the first time I had seen her in person. She was beautiful. Tall and perfect. She looked straight off a runway. Tall, pretty, and elegant. I hated everything about her.

Luke saw me in the kitchen and just smirked as he tightly put his hand around his soulmate's waist. I watched them walk upstairs as Luke leaned over and whispered something into her ears. I heard her giggle as they disappeared up the stairs. I sighed. I didn't know why Luke was being so mean to me. I had done nothing wrong to him.

He looked happy with his soulmate and all I could do was be happy for him. I was happy getting to know Michael. Michael was so kind and sweet to me and I loved getting to know everything and anything about him. I always discovered something new and quirky about him that I absolutely loved. I loved the way his eyes would get a light as he talked about something he loved, like his music or video games. His face would always break into a smile whenever he saw me and I would get these little flutters in my stomach. I loved the way he laughed with his whole body and the wide smile that always rested on his face.

I was just putting the dinner in the oven, when I heard banging and loud noises coming from upstairs. Michael was strolling downstairs, a laugh on his face.

"Oooh yES LUKE. JUST LIKE THAT!" I heard a voice say from upstairs.

"Oooh just like that!" Michael mimicked in a high voice as he joined me in the kitchen. "Doesn't matter what time of day it is, those two are always going at it," he said and started laughing. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What do you say, (Y/N)? Let's go be like them. Do you wanna make out?" He whispered as he kissed the spot on my neck under my ear. I wriggled away from him, trying to avoid the tattoo situation and from the uneasiness that was settling in my stomach.

"Actually, I think I should go. I don't feel comfortable being here," I whispered as I quickly walked out of the kitchen. I grabbed my bag off the couch and started heading for the front door. The noises Luke and his soulmate were making were echoing throughout the house. Damn, his soulmate was really vocal.