Chapter 3

"Goodbye, Evie," Evelyn's mother said sadly. She turned to me, and told me, "Draco, it was lovely to meet you. I hope Evelyn brings you here again."

I smiled at her softly, "I'll see you soon. For the wedding."

It was in the week-long half term - which was in four weeks. I felt nervous, and I truly hoped that no one came between Evelyn and I in that sort period of the time.

And I sure hoped the Dark Lord would either die in that time or completely forget about me. Unfortunately, that wasn't likely.

I knew there was going to be a war this year. Everyone did - Evelyn, all of the Death Eaters, Harry Potter and his stupid friends - and there was nothing we could do.

Voldemort wanted Harry Potter, and he was willing to let anyone to get killed as long as he got his way.

I couldn't let that happen to Evelyn.

"Draco?"

Her voice was sweet, and I immediately felt bad. Why did I have to do this to her? Why did I have to get involved with the Dark Lord in the first place?

Why did I let her get involved?

"Yeah?" I replied, under my breath.

I was surprised she heard me, but she questioned whether I was okay. I nodded, taking her hand in mine as we got out of the taxi and walked into the station.

We strolled through the wall of platforms nine and ten, our hands splitting so that I could hold our trolley.

"Evelyn, I want you to know that whatever happens this year..." I whispered as we approached the Hogwarts Express, "I will never stop loving you."

"Not even for the briefest second," Evelyn agreed, breathlessly, "I love you."

And off we were to Hogwarts again. Our final year.

Our final year of guaranteed safety if Voldemort didn't go down this year.