Destination V: Miami

Regina, Robin, and Roland had checked out of their hotel by 10:00 am. Their flight to Miami wasn't until noon, so they had some time in San Diego left. Robin's sunburn was gone now, and he promised Regina he would use sunscreen while they were in Miami.

Once they were on the plane, Roland fell asleep almost immediately. He had stayed up late the night before watching Doctor Who with Regina and Robin. They had made it halfway through season two.

They arrived at the house Belle and Henry had rented at 2:43. Both Belle and Henry were already there, but no one else had arrived yet.

"Mom!" Henry ran to Regina and wrapped his arms around her. Regina placed a kiss on the top of Henry's head.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Regina pulled back and looked at Henry. "So, did you have fun with Belle in Palm Beach?"

"Well......."

~

Emma was really starting to regret driving to Detroit. Driving for seven hours was one thing. Driving for twelve was another. And driving for twelve hours with Killian in the passenger seat was pure torture. Emma loved Killian, but to a certain extent that did not cover complaining about long drives.

Halfway between Knoxville, Tennessee--where she and Killian had stayed overnight--Emma made Killian move to the backseat, moving a suitcase next to her in the passenger seat instead. The suitcase was a much better passenger and didn't complain about wanting to walk every ten minutes.

About two hours from Miami, Emma was high strung after seeing multiple signs for Tallahassee. Killian had shut up the moment they passed the Florida state line, not wanting to accidentally activate her Dark Swan mode. It had been an hour since the last sign for Tallahassee, and Emma had relaxed slightly, so Killian was hoping it was safe for him to speak.

When Killian opened his mouth, Emma internally groaned, figuring he would ask for another bathroom break.

"Regina, Robin, and Roland are there already. Robin...uh...told me through whatever the message thing is called."

"Texting?" Emma asked, relieved she wouldn't have to make another stop.

"Yeah, that!"

"Okay."

Killian really wanted to ask how long until Miami, but he figured it best not to. Though Emma loved him, that probably wouldn't prevent her from denying him a goodnight kiss, which he didn't really want to lose. There was only so much time until hiatus was over and then who knows how long it would be until he was able to be with Emma again. Emma as a hero, that is. Not the scary evil Dark Swan she was sure to become.

Emma and Killian were the third group to arrive; the first two being Henry and Belle and Regina, Robin, and Roland. Henry hugged Emma as soon as she arrived, just like he had done with Regina. Then, Emma handed Regina the case for the Alice in Wonderland wii game and raised an eyebrow. "You ready?"

"What, you think I'm not up to a simple video game challenge?"

"How about the challenge of setting up the wii?" Emma asked.

"That might actually prove to be challenging," Regina agreed. "But I think we can do it."

~

When Mary Margaret entered the house with Neal in her arms, she was suddenly very glad he wasn't asleep. The house was filled with shouts of, "You idiot! Move!" and, "Alice, get out of the way!"

David entered a few seconds later and stopped dead in his tracks. "What's going on?"

The shouting died down as Mary Margaret and David entered the living room after a chorus of "YES!" from everyone already there.

Emma, Henry, and Regina each had their own set of a wii remote and nunchuck, while Killian held a nunchuck connected to the remote in Robin's hand, as they were having trouble with just controlling just one thing. And there was no way Killian could control both with only one hand.

"What's going on here?" Mary Margaret asked.

Belle answered because she was the only one not staring intently at the TV screen, "This is the Alice in Wonderland wii game. As you probably heard, it's very intense."

"They just fought an army of red card knights!" Roland added excitedly.

"Um...." Mary Margaret let her voice trail off, not exactly sure how to respond, "...okay."

"So who's playing which character?" David asked as he and Mary Margaret walked over to the couch no one was using because it didn't face the TV.

"I'm the Mad Hatter, Regina's the White Rabbit-"

"Only because you wouldn't let me be the Mad Hatter!" Regina interrupted Emma.

"Because you were shipping him and Alice!"

"I still ship him and Alice; you not letting me be the Mad Hatter isn't going to change that!"

"I'm the mouse!" Henry interrupted his moms' argument.

"And those two doofuses are the March Hare," Emma gestured towards Killian and Robin.

"Hey!" Killian and Robin exclaimed in unison.

Both Regina and Emma shrugged and continued playing. They were currently in the red desert, following a white ribbon for some reason Mary Margaret didn't care to ask about.

When they reached the door and gained the Chesire Cat as a character option, Regina immediately switched to him, a moment before Emma, who got the White Rabbit. Regina changed again, making her character the Mad Hatter.

"No!" Emma shouted as she lunged for Regina's remote. Regina held it just out of Emma's grasp, and Robin reached across Killian and took it from her.

"Change it back!"

"Robin, don't you dare."

"I don't care what you do, just get on with the bloody game!"

Emma walked over to Robin, who passed the remote back to Regina. The two shot triumphant smirks at Emma, who rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Let's just keep playing."

Emma went to change her character to the Chesire Cat before realizing that Henry had changed to the cat in the middle of her and Regina's fight. Emma groaned and changed back to the White Rabbit. "You guys are so mean."

"Thank you," Regina replied.

~

Author's note: THANK YOU FOR 12K READS!!!!! I'm so sorry for not updating yesterday, but I was watching the OuaT San Diego Comic Con panel when I remembered I needed to finish writing this, and I was too tired afterwords.